LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lt1 bucking

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 02:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt1 bucking

Ok this has me stumped. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/banghead.gif) I was driving to a autocross event in Va beach and ran through a puddle and I think I got the opti wet. It was bucking really bad and did it all the way home about 3 hour drive. Then it went away for awhile. I but some of that ethnol(sp) gas and the bucking came back. I went to autozone and got a free scan and my passenger side oxygen sensor was all messed up. I replaced that and the car runs better bucking wise but it still feels like it has no *****. I have put in fuel injector cleaner, water reducer and still nothing. I have a new fuel filter but I don't think thats it. I might try and clean my mass air because it might of got water on it from that puddle because of my cai. I have looked around and the only other thing I can think it might be is the coil or optispark. Could someone please chime in and give me some light on this problem. Also the car has brand new spark plugs but orginal wires.
-Brandon
Old 10-12-2006, 03:10 PM
TECH Resident

check the plug wires first... when i had bad plug wires and they got wet.. they would arc badly.. causing that same buck... at night... wet them and see if you can see the arc's...
Old 10-12-2006, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

Wires have done that to me also. Since I did my headers, I have no idea how many wires I've burned through. Everytime, huge power lose. Up top, has nothing to it. Also had a problem with a couple of the plugs backing up.. but thats since been fixed.

Quick Reply: Lt1 bucking