LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

emissions?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 11:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default emissions?????

ok will i be able to pass emissions? i have a 96 formula w/o an air pump or cats. the check engine light is on from the air pump. but cant i get that tuned out so i can pass? in illinois all they do is plug it in for 96+ just concerned if they can see that i had it tuned out. thanks in advance for your help
Old 10-23-2006, 11:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slohatch91
ok will i be able to pass emissions? i have a 96 formula w/o an air pump or cats. the check engine light is on from the air pump. but cant i get that tuned out so i can pass? in illinois all they do is plug it in for 96+ just concerned if they can see that i had it tuned out. thanks in advance for your help
You could always opt for racecar exemption. My car would never pass emissions, if it's life, or mine, depended on it. I checked the box on the emessions car for inot car, and then when the letter came, told them i was building a racecar. I had to send them pictures as proof...i sent them pics from when my car was ripped apart when the motor was out and the car was being built. Might want to give that a try.