LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Cut-out Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 10:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cut-out Question

I was thinking about doing an electric exhaust cut-out on my camaro and I know LT1s crackle and pop like a bitch with open pipes so I'm wondering if I ran a smaller diameter pipe from the cut-out to the side of the car to get a little more back pressure this would solve a little bit of the "popping problem"

Good idea or just run it wide open ?

thanks
Old 11-01-2006, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have a 3inch in place of the cat and i love it, although it is raspy. If i had to do it over again i would put it near the rear end for less interior vibration. Also becarful if you do put it in place of your cat because my stock knock modual sensed false knock when it was open. Just something to think about
Old 11-01-2006, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

I have a 3 inch cat back and i put a 3 inch cutout almost even with the front of my back tires sounds awsome no popping while driving but it pops when i rev but only like once or twice not insane amount of popping interior vibrations arent bad except if i have coins in my cup holder they rattle like crazy!
Old 11-01-2006, 11:48 AM
Teching In

yeah, I got that dual cat CA emissions bullshit exhust so I was planning on putting it after the y pipe which would put it at or right about the back wheels,

thanks a lot guys
Old 11-01-2006, 12:20 PM
Launching!

like most the other guys i got a 3in. cutout, mine is in place of the cat. i love it, only thing is that i wish it didnt shoot out to the side becuase it echos off everything i drive next to, including the cop that gave me a dirty look when i was driving right next to him. im gonna get a turndown and weld on a 3bolt flange to shoot the exhaust either down or out towards the back. o yeah, mine doesnt pop at all. if yours ends up popping you could get a tune, that should help. i dont mind the resonance on mine because i only uncap it when i want to race. i throw the cap on for daily driving and going out of town. good luck with the cutout man.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:26 PM
Teching In

Hey, thanks, you guys have been more then helpful !!!

Quick Reply: Cut-out Question