LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 wiring problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 12:23 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 wiring problems

ok, having a nightmare here. in the fuse block inside the car under fuse #3 (pcm/batt) with the fuse pulled, i've got 11.5v on the side that should be hot and 9.5v on the side that shouldn't have power. there are 2 orange wires coming off the load side of the fuse and one goes directly to the fuel pump relay. no problems w/ this wire. the other wire i've been able to trace going behind the instrument panel and through the passenger kick panel. schematics show this orange wire to be going straight to the pcm. my question is, why am i showing 9.5v on this wire without a fuse in? i've looked for a melted wire or short and can't seem to find anything.

the reason i found the problem is, driving around town i turned left and the car just shut off. #3 fuse was blown which cut the fuel pump out via the relay. now, when i use a test light to check the load side of #3 fuse, the front left cooling fan comes on low.

do i possibly have a relay going out that's feeding voltage back through the pcm or is the my problem being caused by me grounding the circuit by plugging in a test light? any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you ever figure this out?
Old 11-13-2006, 12:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

been out of town since thurs. so i haven't had a chance to look further into it. i'm going to try to look deeper into it tonight.

Quick Reply: LT1 wiring problems