LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

lifter noise??

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lifter noise??

Okay guys, i have been posting on here since i bought my 94 z28 a4. which hasn't been very long . The car was wrecked in the front passenger side, but still runs (see pics). The car aparently hasnt been started in a few months..so i wasnt sure if it would run or not . So i got it home and put a battery on it and it started right up...the bad thing is that the lifters are clattering real bad . Oil level was fine but oil was a little black. So i let it run for about 10 mins with no change. I didnt have the time to take the valve covers off to look cause it was laready drak and i had other things to do. Any ideas on would it could have happened?? thanks for all of the help guys!
Attached Thumbnails lifter noise??-z28-3.jpg   lifter noise??-z28-1.jpg  

Last edited by 383_LT1_1295; 11-22-2006 at 05:16 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Change the oil before you start it again, and be sure you have oil pressure within 10 seconds of starting, or shut it OFF. Could be valve adjustment, could be bearings so worn out no pressure to lifters, could be bad lifters.

Also pull the valve covers, or at least one, and take a look at wear patterns before you fire it up again.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boodyrider
Change the oil before you start it again, and be sure you have oil pressure within 10 seconds of starting, or shut it OFF. Could be valve adjustment, could be bearings so worn out no pressure to lifters, could be bad lifters.

Also pull the valve covers, or at least one, and take a look at wear patterns before you fire it up again.

okay thanks. i asked the owner of the car how many mile the actual engine had on it..and he said it was rebuilt 30,000 k ago. So yeah i will see what i can figure out. I went and bought oil yesterday, so im gonna have some fun today. After i pig out at thanksgiving!!

HAPPY THANKS GIVING EVERYONE!!

Quick Reply: lifter noise??