LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

94 z28 manifold

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 08:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 z28 manifold

whats the best way to get a stock manifold off the driver side of a 94 camaro z28? i bought it and 2 of the bolts were already broke off and it has a big exhaust leak, its annoying to drive, i bet i would break the other bolts off because its been on there for 12 years
Old 11-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Teching In

Do you know anyone good with a acetylene torch? A good exhaust shop is probably a choice because they have experienced guys and at this point it looks like corrosion has taken it's toll. They will often not worry about breaking off the bolts.

When manifold is off then a little heat and a vicegrip and you can get the broken studs out. Knuckle bruising but can be done.

good luck
Old 11-27-2006, 08:34 AM
Staging Lane

Haha No I Felt Around The Broken Bolts And They Broke Off Inside The Head, Doesnt Look Like Once I Get Hte Manifold Off Im Gona Be Able To Grab Onto Anyhing...i Think Ile Have To Take The Head Off Completely, So Ile Just Live With It, You Cany Hardly Hear It Once It Warms Up, Eventually Ile Rebuild Another Lt1 And Swap It Out Someweekend
Old 11-27-2006, 10:38 AM
12 Second Club

spray the existing bolts with PB Blaster. its the absolute best pentetrating oil on the market!. make sure you use ALOT and let it sit for about a half hour. go back out and loosen all bolts and reuse the PB Blaster when needed. once the manifold is off, use easy outs to get the broken studs out of the head. and of course use the PB Blaster on the broken manifold bolts also!
Old 11-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

theres no room to drill a hole... no way to fit an easy out... i wish it were that easy
Old 11-27-2006, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Mine did the same thing. I heard its comon? My car was at a shop and there is no room back there. I was concered that even when it sealed once it warmed up that down the road that it would burn up a valve? The guy that did it didnt charge me any extra to put the headers too so I killed to birds with one stone.