LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Trans Am Update

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans Am Update

These are actually about a week outdated, since then the motor is now in the car and i have put my new rear end in as well so its sitting on 4 wheels (still not my AR Rebels though) I also have undercoated the entire car which is why there was the brown paper closing off the engine bay, looks extremely good with my ceramic coated heat shields and other things. Im planning on getting the harness hooked up and started tomorrow, have to wait on my Water Pump and Alternator before i can drive it for the first time.

In the pics you can see how stiff the new bushings are since they are preventing the control arms from sagging really any at all, and with the spindles and wheel bearings on them they are quite heavy. Let me know what you think.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:48 PM
Launching!

Good job...unique paint scheme...nice..
Old 11-26-2006, 11:50 PM
TECH Regular

Thats f*cking BAD ***!!! I love that idea.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:51 PM
Launching!

I hate 2 tone but that actually looks smooth........ black rims?
Old 11-27-2006, 05:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Actually I am going to try some chrome wheels, im looking at a set of AR rebels, If I dont like them chrome I might powdercoat them black. Thanks for the compliments guys, I was aiming for something unique but still looked good. Its been a long project, coming up on 6 months, mainly because funds were slow to come in, but its getting close now. Thanks
Old 11-27-2006, 10:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I kinda like the paint scheme, not sure about the colors, but it does follow the line of the car nice.
Got any info on the motor or was it just pulled and put back?
Is that manifold ceramic coated?
While everything is out you should do full suspension, k-member and all.

6 months isn't that long because that looks like a big project.
Do you have any pictures of the underside of the car, im interested in seeing it coated?

Great job.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Looks real good man. Are you going to Blast and Paint your balancer?
Old 11-27-2006, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well the motor is just a rebuilt LT1 with a little work on the heads and intake and a custom ground cam. I put in some 4.10's and did a good all around suspension set-up, its pretty much a good all around car, i hope to hit around 340RWHP (M6). I wanted to do a K-Member and Control Arms but unfortunately I do not have the money for it, so I'm going to have to wait on that one. I just loaded the pics for the underside today but their on a friends computer so I'll get them tomorrow. Im also going to wait to get the car running and when I get it in a position that I can take it home and not have to worry about it then Ill take the pulley's off and get them powdercoated, my alternator is getting ceramic coated and the pulley is getting coated as well so i just need to do my ps, underdrive, and tensioner. Thanks for the compliments guys. All the suspension up front is powdercoated (even sway bars) so its not going to rust and will be easy to clean. Ill get more pics up ASAP
Old 11-27-2006, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cant wait to see more pics...looks good
Old 11-27-2006, 07:07 PM
Teching In

that looks really good , i like how everything is fresh looking . it makes it look like a new car .
Old 11-28-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow you could eat off the engine bay its so clean. im guessing you just painted it since the motors been out. good job.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LT1MAN
wow you could eat off the engine bay its so clean. im guessing you just painted it since the motors been out. good job.
Yea, i went ahead and did it, was originally just going to paint the engine bay semi gloss black but me and a few others thought about the 2 tone and went with it, i like how it came out, a lot nicer in person, really love the way it follows the lines of the car. Thanks for the compliments guys
Old 11-28-2006, 11:41 PM
TECH Resident

Very nice! I like that color of orange. What exactly is it?
Old 11-29-2006, 12:07 AM
On The Tree

looks awsome.....i will agree with the looks better in person cause i was up there at f-body about 2 weeks ago and it just look awsome nice car man
Old 11-29-2006, 05:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Its called carousel red, it was on 1st gen firebirds, its the same paint code as the old hugger orange on the 1st gen camaro's. The 4th gen hugger is a bit different. Thanks again for the compliments, i believe i do remember your car compt/aclone
Old 11-29-2006, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

here are some pics of the underside, its coated with the same stuff the rear end is so you can tell what it looks like better since you can see the rear the best, ill get some more of the entire undercarriage once my Y-pipe is coated and put on, dam Jet-Hot Y-pipes suck ***, its a **** poor design, to use their Y you would have to knotch the frame rail, so we made the hard choice of cutting up the Y over the frame...um....yea...terribly hard decision. But either way these will give you an idea of what it looks like until i get some more up.

And the pimp salad shooters (which I actually do not mind very much on the car). This pic shows how the 2 tone follows the lines better, that is my favorite part of it by far, how it curves over the fender i love that a lot.

Old 11-29-2006, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also the spot in the 5th pic on the bumper will be fixed, there are a few small spots that need to be fixed and my painter is going to, just wanted to get done with the major work on it before we made the paint flawless. And the rear end has also had the light spots under the spring perches and other small spots are all coated now, i also do have adjustable control arms on their way, only thing not being upgraded is the Torque Arm which will be once I have the money to, its does have a poly bushing now, but thats it.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks great, do you have a picture with the hood closed. All of your pics have the hood open.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PunishedU
Looks great, do you have a picture with the hood closed. All of your pics have the hood open.
Haha, yea, i do need to do that, it wont be very long until i have the wheels and everything on it so ill get some complete pics, too busy working on it to close the hood now
Old 11-29-2006, 09:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by zlover129
Haha, yea, i do need to do that, it wont be very long until i have the wheels and everything on it so ill get some complete pics, too busy working on it to close the hood now
Not gonna keep the salad shooters on it, hahahaha

Quick Reply: Trans Am Update