LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Anyone used this elbow?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 07:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey thanks...nice thumbs ...I'm glad I asked the question...Thats definitely a restriction...I'll stick with my 1LE....Thanks again...

--Alan
Old 01-15-2007, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that really a restriction though? I mean, YES you can see the edges through the throttle body but unless you are using a monoblade TB that was the same size of the lip on the front, I dont think its restricting. I would like to know how much that metal elbow can flow vs. that 58mm TB. I'd bet on that elbow flowing more than those 58mm holes.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The question is the metal intake flowing more then the TF or the plastic one. This is a cheap Ebay knock off. Why buy it if it flows less then stock.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

The Trick Flow one is metal and looks identical to that ebay one. I'm assuming it is a clone. My point is just that unless your running forced induction, you are operating on intake vacuum to get the air in, correct? And such, if the elbow flows more than the TB than there isn't any restriction.

Could be wrong but, just how I was thinking about it.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

yes that restriction is definately worth paying the extra $$$ not to have, thats why i went with the trickflow. ABA383 just ask yourself how much you have already spent on the car......
Old 01-16-2007, 12:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1MAN
yes that restriction is definately worth paying the extra $$$ not to have, thats why i went with the trickflow. ABA383 just ask yourself how much you have already spent on the car......
Yep, thats why I asked here first...I figured I'd do some on-line research first..I'll just stay with my 1LE elbow...Its fine, looks good and is functional...Just looking to change the appearance a bit...Now I'll just leave it alone...Thanks!

--Alan
Old 01-16-2007, 05:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hyperzone
The Trick Flow one is metal and looks identical to that ebay one. I'm assuming it is a clone. My point is just that unless your running forced induction, you are operating on intake vacuum to get the air in, correct? And such, if the elbow flows more than the TB than there isn't any restriction.

Could be wrong but, just how I was thinking about it.
Why would I spend a **** ton of money to smooth out my airflow in my heads and intake just to **** it up with that elbow ... IT fits the stock TB, so I luckly found a friend that was willing to trade me for a 1LE elbow. If you want to gamble with that pos then by all means go ahead. Does anyone have a simmilar pic of the other elbows?

Quick Reply: Anyone used this elbow?