LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Bad Gas??

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 07:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Gas??

Well today i was driving my car, was running fine, stopped by the gas station to drop my friend by since he wanted a pack of cigarrettes and just decided to fill up, immediately afterwards my car has a weird noise, kinda like a skip and in 6th gear the transmission shakes pretty badly, it really acts like a skip. Well i checked all my spark plug wires and made sure they were on right, hooked up the Tech 2 and checked for misfires and did a cylinder balance test, everything checked out normal. I cna also notice a bit less power, it normally breaks loose extremely easy in 1st but doesnt do it so much now and will only chirp 2nd, not a huge loss but i do notice it. You guys think its the gas? This happened immediately after i filled up, didnt even turn the car off to fill up
Old 02-08-2007, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

You do know you shoulden't fill your car up with it still running don't you? LOL but If your transmission is shaking, have you checked your mount? May have just been something totally unrelated to the gas. Did you fill it with premium? Do you use arco gas?
Old 02-08-2007, 07:27 PM
TECH Regular

Mine did this after filling up once, it ended up being alot of different things though. You might want to check/replace your fuel filter.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

With that scanner, did you check for any knock?

Add some octane booster and see if that helps.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Brand new poly mount, checked for knock, didnt have anything. What's wrong with filling while its on? I put some fuel treatment in it and it helped a bit but still has the same symptoms. I do need to change my fuel filter. I really dont think its mount related because i can definitely hear a change in exhaust tone, plus it only shakes when im cruising in 6th, just under 2K RPMS
Old 02-08-2007, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Never fill up gas with the car on. The tank has to build of pressure, which means cap must be on.

Quick Reply: Bad Gas??