LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

still a low oil light

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default still a low oil light

So after replacing the sensor, I still have a low oil light on!

Does a code for it get stuck in the ecu or something? I turn the key, low oil light stays illuminated, I cycle it once more and the light turns off and stays off.

I'm tired of doing this though almost every time I start my car, I would say if its off for more than 10-15 min. the next time I get in I have to cycle the key twice to get the light to go out.......
Old 02-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's not a stored code (light). Have you tested to make sure the wiring checks out?
Old 02-26-2007, 08:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Not yet, guess thats the next step. This sucks, this started happening after my clutch got replaced, I guess I was just hoping the sensor got whacked on the way down.

Its still weird though, it won't come back on unless it sits for awhile before firing it back up. It always goes off on the 2nd key cycle on first startup, then if I go to the store or something it won't come back on when I get back in the car. Its def. frustrating.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:37 AM
Launching!

That light is a funny one. I broke the wire off right at the harness and my light sometimes is on and sometimes isn't. I'm pretty sure you can just splice the wires together and the light would stay off forever, but that's if you don't care not having the sensor.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:41 AM
Teching In

Ran into a similiar problem when i put my new motor in, the only thing I could find was a pinch in the wire so I replaced that section of wire and its been fine since.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Thanks guys, next time I'm under there I'll poke around.

Yeah I def. want the sensor, if its there I might as well use it, better safe than sorry. With 155K on it it does leak a bit, would suck if some gasket just went and I lost all the oil and couldn't tell or something crazy.

Quick Reply: still a low oil light