LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

need advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 02:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need advice

probably stupid but ill ask anyways.

im going to buy some LT's around summer time. i have loudmouth and a high flow cat that i havent installed yet and im probably going to sell the LM. so instead of running the LM i was thinking of just using the high flow cat and stock cat back with the LT's and just running a cutout somewhere on the i pipe. that way i can keep it from being too loud. is there any flaw in that setup versus using the LM? ive thought about it and i dont really see were it'll be a problem other than it'll be quieter with the cutout closed and louder with it open.

so am i fine or should i rethink it?

btw, the car is a 95 t/a all stock right now.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:20 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by VanbibberLt1
probably stupid but ill ask anyways.

im going to buy some LT's around summer time. i have loudmouth and a high flow cat that i havent installed yet and im probably going to sell the LM. so instead of running the LM i was thinking of just using the high flow cat and stock cat back with the LT's and just running a cutout somewhere on the i pipe. that way i can keep it from being too loud. is there any flaw in that setup versus using the LM? ive thought about it and i dont really see were it'll be a problem other than it'll be quieter with the cutout closed and louder with it open.

so am i fine or should i rethink it?

btw, the car is a 95 t/a all stock right now.
GMMG. Ask 97REDZ28

What's the reason you bought the LM and are not wanting to use it?
Old 02-26-2007, 02:28 AM
On The Tree

lost my job and need some money!! so im thinking about selling it to pay some bills. so this is my contingency plan after i get working again. and the more i think about it the less i like the LM + Long tube idea because the cops around here have been cracking down lately on loud exhausts. i figure the stock catback will kill some of the extra sound around town and the cutout can be used when i hit the track up.

btw, i love gmmg a buddy has it on his 99z28 and its audible sex lol.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:03 AM
TECH Regular

^^yeah, I was pretty impressed w/ the way the GMMG sounded on my buddy's 97Z.

I see now why you want to sell it. Is there anyway you're able to collect un-employment? You should look into it, my .02 ....

FWIW - if you kept your stock catback, it would keep it considerably quiter than going with LT's, HFCAT, and LM. Not a horrible idea using the cutout for the track.

Idealisticly, you'd wanna sell the LM, collect un-employment and get the GMMG, but that may not be a realistic option for you.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:03 AM
TECH Regular

^^yeah, I was pretty impressed w/ the way the GMMG sounded on my buddy's 97Z.

I see now why you want to sell it. Is there anyway you're able to collect un-employment? You should look into it, my .02 ....

FWIW - if you kept your stock catback, it would keep it considerably quiter than going with LT's, HFCAT, and LM. Not a horrible idea using the cutout for the track.

Idealisticly, you'd wanna sell the LM, collect un-employment and get the GMMG, but that may not be a realistic option for you.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:10 AM
On The Tree

ya, i tried the unemployment thing didnt turn out well, so im down to selling off all my **** until i find a new job. i figure better to start with car parts first since they sell quick lol.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:19 AM
TECH Regular

^^^That sucks man...

If you really need the money, I completely see your point in selling the LM. IMHO - they sound good, but they're not the absolute best sounding out there.
I don't think it'd be bad to run your LT's, high flow CAT, with a cutout. At least you'd have those parts, and could worry about getting a cat back at a more opportune time.

Quick Reply: need advice