LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

little help please

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 10:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default little help please

having a bit of a problem at first i thought opti but now not so sure. there has been some major missing going on but not all the time. it started happening after driving through some heavy rain (this makes me think opti). in drive at idle not moving it wants to stall. When accelerating at around 2500 rpm it starts missing extremely bad, also while cruising it will start to miss. sometimes it will get better after a few miles sometimes it wont. When the SES light comes on though it starts running almost normal (this makes me think not the opti). also when it is missing very badly it seems like it tries to compensate by dumping a lot of gas, i can smell tons of gas. the car is a 95 TA basically stock with headers and gears. i had a similar problem in the fall which seemed to be fixed after replacing the coils and icm. any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:26 PM
12 Second Club

first thing would be to get the code scanned. But rain = opti most of the time
Old 03-19-2007, 11:09 PM
Teching In

yea i know rain usually mean opti but why would that change when it went closed loop, yea a scan would help but i dont have one.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

Not to insult anyone but are you guys fording small streams or rivers with your cars, running without hoods? I've ran my LT1 countless times in the rain, Opti stayed dry as a bone. Though, I do try my hardest to avoid high water area's. Obviously. People put too much blame on the Opti.

Quick Reply: little help please