LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

ok posting prob again and seeing

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 09:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default ok posting prob again and seeing

ok heres the break down i have a 96 z28 with a 383 stroker..bought a ltcc unit that when installed would start at one point in time but not run good or long....put stock opti in it again and ran with misses...shortly after{like 15min or so and about 1/2 mile}my rotor blew to pieces....put ltcc back in after fixing the one opti....nothing...sent out unit for checking all is good with it.....koeo pressure is 38....i have pulse at the #1 inj.....i have spark at #1 plug{now i thought it should be faster but maybe not its about 1 spark per second}.....i believe 1 have the ltcc coils well grounded{all coils bracketed together and 2 coil grounds together and sent to intake bolts in 4 spots plus the coils grounded straight to the battery}..coils are all new...wires are taylor spirals....new plugs.......now when i retested again with the opti all i did was actually swap out the sensor which could be bad but doubt....i'm lost here...any ideas or suggestions

car cranks and cranks....everyonce in a while will cough but not start

Last edited by spcearle; 03-27-2007 at 09:31 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 03-28-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Regular

no one has any ideas or suggestions
Old 03-30-2007, 04:04 PM
TECH Regular

well tried getting a new opti in my area but the cheapest i could find was almost 400 so i went ahead and bit the bullet and ordered a msd unit that will hopefully be here on monday to give it a shot.....worst case is i can sell the ltcc unit if i cant figure this out or at least then decide if i wanna run it off the msd or use the msd stand alone...also ordered a balancer/underdrive combo to hopefully solve my original rotor breaking prob.....hopefully this will work and i can actually drive this thing for awhile till i ship out again
Old 04-04-2007, 10:06 AM
TECH Regular

well havent retried to see if i can get the ltcc working but put in a new msd unit......less then 2 cranks on a poorly charged battery and she fired right up after a 1/2 year of sitting......very happy to hear the motor again...now all i have to do is get the right oil in her...fresh fuel and see if i can straighten out how it is running and not get high when i smell the exhaust fumes kicken from it....lol...it was funny had my whole neighborhood out lookin to see what was goin on when they heardit rev..i guess if i'm gonna keep it where im at now i'll have to do something with the exhaust before they call all my not-so-buddies on me...lol
Old 04-04-2007, 04:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol it looks like your talkin to yourself here. but good job gettin it running, persistence pays off!