LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

new to the board,help wanted

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 08:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default new to the board,help wanted

hi I'm new to the board but I've been looking at it for the last 2 years. I had a 97 firebird but I wrecked just 6 months after I bought it. 1 month ago I saw this deal on autotrader, a lt1 pontiac trans am for 3 grand and I made it mine but my girl took it for a little ride and wreck the car .It wasn't that bad but iam in the process of getting a new fender and bumper. anyway as soon as I have all done I wanna put some effort in what really matters. I want more speed and the car has 134k all ready. what should I do? how do I start. should I do a full tune up and then start with the basics mods(cai,exhaust,headers)?please help
Old 04-02-2007, 08:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you want speed or quickness?
Old 04-02-2007, 08:29 PM
12 Second Club

how did you wreck the car? if it had to do with going too fast or losing control id say dont make it any faster. that would just be dangerous to you and others onthe road. if not then...

you could start with bolt ons but get that thing rebuilt.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by C_Rules
how did you wreck the car? if it had to do with going too fast or losing control id say dont make it any faster. that would just be dangerous to you and others onthe road. if not then...

you could start with bolt ons but get that thing rebuilt.
it wasn't me. my girlfriend wanted to get something from wallmart and she hit a tree of my backyard. I just wanna know if shoud I start moding the car or do something else first
Old 04-02-2007, 09:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LT1Falcon
do you want speed or quickness?
I want quickness. Since is an auto I want more quikness at the launch.I tested my friend 99 mustang gt and it really pulls hard.my car has more power but it doesn't feel like it.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ikaros23
I want quickness. Since is an auto I want more quikness at the launch.I tested my friend 99 mustang gt and it really pulls hard.my car has more power but it doesn't feel like it.
New rear end gear.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:36 AM
12 Second Club

im with teeth. its an auto so invest in some 3.73s or if your feeling adventurous get 4.10s
gears + master install kit + additives/fluids= ~450 bucks

if you plan on making the car more powerful...more so that you can acheive via intake and exhaust mods...then i suggest you plan out exactly what you plan on doing. if your going for boost, build a forged internal (possibly 355 or 383 stroker) low compression (8.5 1) engine
if your going for NA, then stroke that to 383 or 396, forged internals and with high compression.

which is better?
if your going for daily driving and want a 450+ rwhp lt1...boost.

good luck, go nuts, try searching

Quick Reply: new to the board,help wanted