LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Hooker Comp Headers???

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hooker Comp Headers???

Has anyone used the Hooker Comp Midlength headers and y-pipe before? The reason i am asking is because a guy told me that he would sell me his ceramic Headers and Y-Pipe w/o air induction and w/o O2 for $150. The only thing that is wrong with it is that the ceramic has flaked off in a few places and the metal underneath has rusted where it is exposed. They came off of his 93 Z-28. My stock exhaust manifold is warped and i am getting ignition of the left over fuel in the exhaust. I had asked him if he had any stocks laying around and he offered these to me instead.

Is this a good deal or should i just wait and get the kooks LT and Y-Pipe?
Old 06-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats not a bad deal at all. of course they wont be as good as the kooks, but you cant beat that price. now if you dont mind spendin the money id say go with the kooks.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i am going to go with kooks eventually, but i dont have that kind of cash just laying around right now. I have one year left in my radiology degree so it is kinda kicking my *** too much to be able to work like i would like. These would just be a temp fix to get rid of the popping noise when i get on the gas. And do hookers have any type of warrenty on their ceramic? They started flaking off after three months of being on his car.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd just take the loss on the coating. I don't think they have any warranty but it never hurts to make a phone call!