LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

people using datamaster come in please

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 06:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Default people using datamaster come in please

First off ill start by saying i scaned my car a bunch of times and it worked fine. Now i did a lot of work and now i go back and scan it and im having all sorts of problems. First it wouldnt reconigze my PCM, but i got all that figured out but now when i am logging i get the "DATA ERR." flashing in the top right corner and i cant record anything right. They said youll get that if you have bad grounds but i checked them all and there good to the eye. What the hell?? What can i look for... anything else i can try?? Im running out of free scans trying to figure it out.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Taubr Unit
First off ill start by saying i scaned my car a bunch of times and it worked fine. Now i did a lot of work and now i go back and scan it and im having all sorts of problems. First it wouldnt reconigze my PCM, but i got all that figured out but now when i am logging i get the "DATA ERR." flashing in the top right corner and i cant record anything right. They said youll get that if you have bad grounds but i checked them all and there good to the eye. What the hell?? What can i look for... anything else i can try?? Im running out of free scans trying to figure it out.
Is the cable setup on the right COM Port? My USB data cable on my laptop uses COM4, and sometimes defaults to COM1 or no selection, and I need to set it again through settings. This is with TunerPro, but I used to use Datamaster and it is the same concept.

I would check the options and try different COM settings if you have problems connecting to the cars computer.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:43 PM
TECH Veteran

yea, im using the COM5 port. I was on the phone with ALDL cables and got it all set up again. Thats not the problem im having. Its recording data but i get the DATA ERR. flashing in the top of the screen in the one table.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:43 PM
TECH Veteran

anyone??

Quick Reply: people using datamaster come in please