LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

pacesetter question

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pacesetter question

Well I finally got tired of trying to get my edelbrock shorties to seal at the head and decided to buy a set of Pacesetter LTs w/ ORY. 1st question: The y pipe is set up for a slip fit connection but my original y and exhaust had a flange type connector. Any recommendations on how to connect the 2. Is there a setup that I can buy to avoid cutting? Or am I better off cutting the flange at the edge. Anyone else ran into this? Secondly, I have a pcmforless tune, but it was set up for the shorties, will I be ok running the car with the LTs? I don't want to send the computer back out since I plan on putting gears in the car and will have to send it out then. Thanks
Old 07-11-2007, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

I'm not exactly clear on what your asking in the first the question...
The PS LT's are slip on at the collector for the PS y pipe then the other end of the y pipe can be used as either a slip-on or they send you a flanged adapter for a catback system that requires it.

As far as the tune I think you will fine. I had my comp tuned for LT's before I even installed them and the car ran fine.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

I see the word "ORY" all the time but don't have a clue what it means??
Old 07-12-2007, 02:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

ORY means off road y-pipe. Meaning not for street use because it doesn't have a cat.
Your going to have to cut the flange off your catback if that's what your talking about. Depending on what the catback is, you going to need some custom fabricating.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Or you could see if someone will make you a new "slip" tube with a flange on it. But that's kind of the hard way. Then again, if you can weld, and have access to a welder, then it wouldn't be all that bad.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks, kinda figure that I was going to have to cut it(the cat back) since I did ot receive any type of adapter with the pipe. It is the SLP exhaust that came on the Firehawks in 95.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks Ralls!!
Old 07-12-2007, 11:33 PM
On The Tree

I don't know why I got one, hmm maybe the dealer messed up? Or maybe if you bought yours new ask Pacesetter about it because it is basically is a "slip tube" onto the y pipe so you can connect a flanged catback.
I would been happy to give mine to you unfortunately it got stolen (scrap metal bandits in A^2, MI... right under my nose too during the install)
Old 07-13-2007, 09:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 95hawk467
Well I finally got tired of trying to get my edelbrock shorties to seal at the head and decided to buy a set of Pacesetter LTs w/ ORY. 1st question: The y pipe is set up for a slip fit connection but my original y and exhaust had a flange type connector. Any recommendations on how to connect the 2. Is there a setup that I can buy to avoid cutting? Or am I better off cutting the flange at the edge. Anyone else ran into this? Secondly, I have a pcmforless tune, but it was set up for the shorties, will I be ok running the car with the LTs? I don't want to send the computer back out since I plan on putting gears in the car and will have to send it out then. Thanks
Ok- put on your pacesetters and " OFF ROAD Y", and then, Jegs sells Flowmaster ball & socket style flanges. they are like $57 for a box of 2.
I dont believe you will have a problem with changing the headers from the shorties. Also, I know PCMforless does great work, but I would really reccomend getting a dyno tune after you put your gears in. I recently dynotuned my car and you could see the generic programming that pcmforless did ( car ran ok on it but its just generic tuning, not engine specific), and from the pcmforlesstune to the dyno tune I picked up 37hp and 40lbft tq after the dyno tune.
I have one of those ball & socket flanges brand new if you would be interested in it. its for 3" pipe.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Staging Lane

Well, they are in and after doing some measuring, my question about the exhaust is non relevant. I have to do a lot of cutting, I did not realize where the Y pipe would end up. But thanks for everyones help, time to get cutting.