LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Too Much Miles For Nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am running a 150 shot and have 180,000 miles on mine. i started with a 50 then a 75 then a 100 then the 150, im on the factory timing too, a wideband is a good idea too
Old 07-31-2007, 12:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Agreed but if you got to.

Originally Posted by WhyHelloOfficer
Yeah. You should read his posts in the nitrous section. They're even more painful.

But to answer the original post's question:
It's do-able. Do a compression test, and make sure there isn't anything catastrophically wrong that would get worse if you added the extra stress of a hit of nitrous.

Personally. With that many miles, and the rest of the use/maintenance history of the engine unknown, I wouldn't do it. That's just my personal opinion. Especially with not having an extra shortblock ready to replace if something does go wrong.
Get it tuned and compression check also I am surprised nobody told you might wanna change stock fuel pump!
Old 07-31-2007, 09:55 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by phantomLT1
Get it tuned and compression check also I am surprised nobody told you might wanna change stock fuel pump!
Swapping the fuel pump is essential on a high miles car that you want to spray on. Thanks for mentioning that.

Regardless, get it on a dyno to make sure you're not leaning out with the 'reccomended' jetting.

I'm still running the factory pump on a 100 shot, and I actually have to use the N Jet for a 100 shot and the F Jet for a 150 shot to keep the a/f where I want it.

Quick Reply: Too Much Miles For Nitrous?