LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

roller rockers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default roller rockers?

I have a bolt-on 96 LT1 T/A that i just put a new 355 LT1 motor that was bored out .30 over. I have:
New Motor (355 LT1) with an M6 Transmission

LT4 intake with 58mm throttlebody
Aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator
3 inch exhaust all the way through
pacesetter headers
High Fow Magnaflow Cats
Taylor Wires
K&N Cold Air intake
MSD Distributor
New Clutch
mild cam
Skip shift eliminator
Jet Chip Stage 2

All new sensors
Royal Purple Fluids/ Redline Fluids
new battery
new computer

ITs all brand new under the hood basically, so i want to know if i will benifit from getting 1:6 roller rockers? Then following up with a tune and do you think that i need bigger injectors or am i okay
Old 08-03-2007, 06:36 PM
11 Second Club

1.6 rockers and tune will always help. As for the injectors, if you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator you may be able to add all the fuel you need, but the tune will let you know.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have a cam only 350, i had 1.52 roller tips at first and then got better valve springs and did 1.6 full rollers, i can definitely tell a difference, car even beats the ground harder haha
Old 08-05-2007, 07:24 AM
TECH Resident

so are they even worth getting?
Old 08-05-2007, 10:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by White 96LT1
I have a bolt-on 96 LT1 T/A that i just put a new 355 LT1 motor that was bored out .30 over. I have:
New Motor (355 LT1) with an M6 Transmission

LT4 intake with 58mm throttlebody Did you ruin the LT4 intake to make it fit by machining off the extra material above the ports? Did you realize the ports and plenum are the same as the LT1 so you gained NOTHING?
Aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator This will allow a novice to cause himself more problems than it could ever gain you, should have put the money towards injectors and tuning
3 inch exhaust all the way through
pacesetter headers
High Fow Magnaflow Cats
Taylor Wires
K&N Cold Air intake
MSD Distributor Did you key the hub, fabricate a timing pointer, and buy a degreed damper? If the answer is no then you have no idea what the timing is and they are proving to be somewhat troublesome.
New Clutch
mild cam What mild cam? Most cams will want to rev higher than the stock rev limit.
Skip shift eliminator
Jet Chip Stage 2 Big mistake on a stock motor, absolutely wrong on a modified one.

All new sensors
Royal Purple Fluids/ Redline Fluids RP is good racing oil, for the street it wears out FAST.
new battery
new computer New pcm with stock calibration?

ITs all brand new under the hood basically, so i want to know if i will benifit from getting 1:6 roller rockers? Then following up with a tune and do you think that i need bigger injectors or am i okay
You didn't mention valvesprings they are 100% required with a cam upgrade, even moreso with a cam and 1.6 rocker, make sure whatever springs you have are up to the task of the cam with 1.6s.

If the cam is really that mild and the heads stock then you probably do not need injectors though they would not be a bad idea as stockers are old, tuning is required wether you do injectors or not.

Quick Reply: roller rockers?