LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

I got screwed on these rockers

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 10:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got screwed on these rockers

I bought a set of Scorpion rockers off a board member here. I wanted to go to a NSA setup and found these and he was asking $160. It said they only had 700 miles or so on them so I thought I'll ask $150 shipped and I can save $50+ over new (I could buy some new ones for $210 shipped). They only had 700 miles so I thought it was a fair deal. So I end up paying $154.50 by the time I paid extra for Paypal. I get the rockers a week ago today and this is what over half of them look like:

I was out of town for a wedding over the weekend so I get back to him on Monday and told him I was little displeased with the quality of the rockers. It looked as if they had been started without guideplates. Sure enough, he says that's what happened but it was just cosmetic. I'm a little leary as there's not as much meat under that roller as others. He insists I got what I paid for. I would have bought new ones if I had known this bull. No pics, no indication of damage whatsoever. I've give him all week, PM'ed back and forth and doesn't like I am going to get anything else willingly. If I had given $75 for them, fine I guess. But I gave 3/4 of new price for them. I'm not real pleased. While I agree none of the rollers are damaged, I kinda worry that their structural integrity has been compromised. That and they're not worth $154.50 shipped IMHO.

Last edited by dhdenney; 08-17-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:38 AM
Resident Racing Jerk

some people just arent worth a crap. no morals. he should have told you up front "these rockers have some cosmetic damage". he knew you wouldnt have bought them for that price, though. by saying 700 miles were on them, he wanted you to think they were in nearly new condition.

screw him, i'd post up his name. save anyone else the trouble of dealing with him in the future.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by vtec
some people just arent worth a crap. no morals. he should have told you up front "these rockers have some cosmetic damage". he knew you wouldnt have bought them for that price, though. by saying 700 miles were on them, he wanted you to think they were in nearly new condition.

screw him, i'd post up his name. save anyone else the trouble of dealing with him in the future.
Yeah I didn't say it yet. I'm trying to be reasonable. I never requested or demanded anything from him. I was hoping he could see I was less than happy and offer some compensation. I went out of town yesterday afternoon, but before I left I PM'ed him again. I said "Do you just want to leave it at this?" Got home, no reply but had a confirmed PM receipt. I told him earlier in the week that the only reason he sold them this time was because I couldn't see any pics and took it for granted they were "like new."
Old 08-17-2007, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

man, I would lay the hammer down on him

those arent worth that price
Old 08-17-2007, 02:34 PM
TECH Resident

ouch thats shitty man, so are you still gonna try to use them?
Old 08-17-2007, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would definitely post up in the deadbeat seller forum, https://ls1tech.com/forums/forumdisp...sprune=30&f=48
Old 08-17-2007, 02:42 PM
Launching!

that is pretty shitty man. even if it is just cosmetic he should have given you an honest description as that is significant damage even if only cosmetic. hope everything works out for you, maybe file a claim with paypal, or better yet if you paid with a credit card on paypal file a claim with your credit card company, they WILL get you you're money back. good luck.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah I could have filed a claim with Paypal ASAP. I have used it before and I have come out OK every time with it. I was giving him a chance to do the right thing and I was hoping some input from you guys might further persuade him. I can most definitely file the claim with Paypal. However, I'm not sure whether to use these or not. I installed one just to see and by design, the sides should never come into contact with the spring. The roller sits on the valve stem perfectly with no other contact. The guideplates do not allow it to move around so I'm tempted to just go ahead and run them and maybe get some compensation for my trouble. What do you guys think? What's a damaged set worth?
Old 08-17-2007, 03:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thats awful man he should return these or at least reduce the price to 80$ max.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:00 PM
TECH Veteran

I do not mind the spring damage on the fat underside the rocker but the damage at the tip really irks me.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:03 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get your money back.

Tell his *** he can try and sell them to someone else with who wants to "get what they pay for".

Ask for a refund, if he chooses to deny it...well...post up in the feedback section. But if you didnt ask for pictures it was somewhat a mistake on your behalf.

Good Luck.

Tony.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Teching In

I'm still kinda new to the site but I've been dealing with buying and selling car parts for a long time. It comes with owning multiple 1G DSMS and s13's.
It sucks when you put trust in someone only to see they lied. I don't buy without pictures anymore for that reason, and when I sell I always post extra pics. Even for flaws I've always been 100% honest, and it's great because it gives me a real good trusted source with local buyers.
Goodluck with your foul set man, do everything you can on the forums to let people know what happened, and I hope you paid with paypal via cc like was said earlier. I've dealt with them before on deadbeat sellers and they are really good.
Where in Ky are you located man?
< Louisville here
Old 08-17-2007, 04:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Speed Density
Get your money back.

Tell his *** he can try and sell them to someone else with who wants to "get what they pay for".

Ask for a refund, if he chooses to deny it...well...post up in the feedback section. But if you didnt ask for pictures it was somewhat a mistake on your behalf.

Good Luck.

Tony.
Yeah, I always make sure I get pics on Ebay. Here on LS1 Tech, I am more trusting. I now learned my lesson here.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by nlzn
I'm still kinda new to the site but I've been dealing with buying and selling car parts for a long time. It comes with owning multiple 1G DSMS and s13's.
It sucks when you put trust in someone only to see they lied. I don't buy without pictures anymore for that reason, and when I sell I always post extra pics. Even for flaws I've always been 100% honest, and it's great because it gives me a real good trusted source with local buyers.
Goodluck with your foul set man, do everything you can on the forums to let people know what happened, and I hope you paid with paypal via cc like was said earlier. I've dealt with them before on deadbeat sellers and they are really good.
Where in Ky are you located man?
< Louisville here
I'm in Monticello, south of Somerset. I was actually in Louisville last night for the free Alice Cooper show. That's twice I've seen him, very cool. I did use Paypal and will file a claim as a last resort. What does everyone think about maybe just running the rockers and getting some money back? Although I'm kinda upset about their condition, they seem to be usable. It would be a fair compromise although I'm not so sure he deserves a compromise. That way I get a fair deal and he still had a sale. I'm not so sure he'd be able to sell them again.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Launching!

wow you're a way nice buyer. all the chances you gave him to make right and you got nothing in return. if i were you at this point i would be trying screw him to ******* wall. thats just me though. good lucxk.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:51 PM
TECH Resident

well ide be careful because if you use them, you might not be able to get anything back at all. he will just say "see, they work, you got what you payed for". so i would either try to get all my money back and not use them or else just use them and take it as a loss
Old 08-17-2007, 05:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LT1Falcon
well ide be careful because if you use them, you might not be able to get anything back at all. he will just say "see, they work, you got what you payed for". so i would either try to get all my money back and not use them or else just use them and take it as a loss
Well I'm not going to use them til I know what happens with this deal. Refund or whatever happens. I try to be fair with people and cool about dealing with them. So far it has not paid off. I will eventually fight to no end if I think I am right. I got screwed by another member on here. I ended up losing that battle and $165 due to time but I knew I was in the right.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:02 PM
Launching!

Who's the asshat who sold them?
Old 08-17-2007, 05:03 PM
TECH Veteran

I guess I can go ahead and disclose the user. He goes by GTP PWR.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:32 PM
Teching In

I don't really know if the risk of damages is worth letting the $165 go. Even though they are gouged pretty good my mechanical side would say they would work. My common sense side says not to risk it, and my human side says any1 that sells something that condition knowingly deserves to be forced to take them back (or in your case refund the money since PP or the credit card will give you back the cash then take it from him)