LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Wow its gone for the moment.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wow its gone for the moment.

I had a mishap with water last thurs, when I had to attend a mandatory meeting for my next clinic site (xray). I got in a little water, but it was too late. (abnormal downpour) After towing the car home and jacking it up, oil spilled out the bottom from a hole in oil pan.

I have had this car 10yrs now, and hated to see it towed away. It was my first car, and has been with me through all my ups and downs. My insurance is going to total it most likely. I will be buying it back, but I just hate to see it go. I have put a lot of work into maintaining, and just trying to keep it running right.

On the upside I will be getting a DD soon, and will be slipping the 383 in the car after I get it back.

All I can say is guys with CAI intakes be careful , it doesnt take much to trash your motor.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:42 PM
TECH Resident

man that sucks. how exactly did you get water in it?
Old 08-21-2007, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LT1Falcon
man that sucks. how exactly did you get water in it?
Well I was going down a road that couldn't handle the downpour at the time. By the time I went through a deep spot, (maybe curb height) it was too late. The motor stalled out and I heard an abnormal sound that now explains the damage.

It had a similar sound like when my clutch fork came off and stalled the motor.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

Default well atleast you have that other motor

A good time to button up that 383 ... sorry about that water though mine was stuc in the driveway after the roads had 16 inches of water and I had to pull the z on my pourch cuz the water was gtting high..I'm just glad I woke up in time to move it!