LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Freaking off-idle studder

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Freaking off-idle studder

Ugh. This is the first problem of any sort I've had with the LTwon. I get a small off-idle studder under part-throttle take-offs from stop lights. Just a small hiccup, then I'm on my way. If I mash the gas, it goes like hell, no studder. If I creep away, no studder. Mid-throttle like a normal take-off? Studder.

That's my only problem. No missing anywhere or any sign that the opti is going out. The plug wires are all light-years away from the headers. Plugs are new and were gapped properly. The car also idles right were it always has, so I don't see this being a vacuum leak.

I have a few things I'm going to look at sometime in the next few days.

1. Maybe my EGR blockoff plates are leaking. This started a couple months after headers went on.

2. I was open-headers for 2 weeks. I'll run a scan and check my O2 values. I coulda drenched one when running pig-rich and ruined it.

3. TPS. Doubt it, but I'll check the voltage anyways when I log on Datamaster.

What else can we come up with? Brainstorming time!!
Old 08-29-2007, 02:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would look at the TPS with a graphing volt meter. Making sure there are no drop outs at a certain throttle position. Or check out the MAP. Other than that, check the things you have already suspected.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications/769575-infamous-low-rpm-stumble-need-help.html
Common problem...

Quick Reply: Freaking off-idle studder