LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

My luck - could use a little help

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My luck - could use a little help

Basically I go to start my car and it chugs really hard and shakes really bad. I give it a little gas and it just sounds bad, struggles to about 1k. I get out pop the hood and see my motor bouncing around and wire loom/wires on the ground. On the top of the motor I see a bunch of wires cut around the passenger side fuel rail. Both the positive and negative side for the injector was cut for the 2 and 4 cylinder I believe and another 2 wires cut there too. (The other two went from the TB area to a red oval clip plugging into something in the back of the motor with the numbers 201 1114-1 remy delco on it..idk what that does) so i shut off the car and get things to splice them back together. Well the red clip had the wires broke off before, not much left to splice too, but I managed to fix it correctly and splice it all back together. I noticed though that the wire i found on the ground didnt match up to any of these i fixed. So I look on the drivers side. Well 3 plug wires are completely chewed through. I found one end of my green mystery wire on that side too.

I haven't had a chance to get under and look for where it goes to, or to fully inspect passenger side wires, but my main question is where I can find detailed instuctions for changing the plug wires on my car. It is a 94 v8 car. I need to know which spot on the distibutor goes to which spot on the engine. I can't take one off at a time to matych them up when 3 are just plain cut. I don't want to do any damage with the wrong order. I don't even know where the distributor is on my car, i guess i would follow the wires back to it. For anyone saying read the numbers on it, I'm guessing that on an old car oil and dirt have covered them up and its dark under a car in my driveway. I wouldn't know which cylinder is which anyway. So far I can't find much, can anyone help me? I figure it should be an easy job though once I know what goes to what, plugs should just pop off and pop on with no tools but idk if clearance is an issue. Can I do it with my car on blocks in my driveway? or do i have to have somebody tow it and do it in a shop? How tight of a squeeze is it with your hands and arms? Any help or info is greatly appreciated.

also- the green mystery wire I was talking about was in its own loom drivers side between the exhaust manifold and the fender, from the back to front,and looks like it may have ran parallel to a red and yellow wire in their own loom if anyone knows what this could be and where it goes.

Last edited by mattdb2377; 09-03-2007 at 10:10 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:15 PM

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I'm not using this car much, so it's not urgent, but I need to fix before it gets cold, I work in the dirt driveway. I would like to run it every week or two though to keep it in better shape. And I don't think it ran long enough to foul any plugs. Just from looking topside they look hard to swap, and they are maybe only a year or two old, and I maybe only drive it 5k-6k miles a year. Plug wires are maybe 2nd set for the car, but I'm getting new ones obviously anyway.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

What the hell happened? Critters chewed stuff up?
http://shbox.com/1/opti.jpg
Old 09-04-2007, 04:36 PM

I'm pretty sure, i noticed bite marks on one of the wires. Had to be critters unless somebody would go through the trouble of popping my hood w/o the inside realease then cutting a select number of wires on top of the motor. They would have probly had to jack up the car to get to where the plug wires were cut, I'm thinking it had to be some animals.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:38 PM

thanks for the image...that is very helpful, can i get to the opti easily with the car on ramps? i'm not seeing exactly where it is from that image can i lay on my back and do it in my driveway over an hour? any info about the job?
Old 09-04-2007, 04:46 PM

i see it in the diagram now...stil wondering how hard stuff is to get to though, do I have to take anything else off to get to anything? etc
Old 09-05-2007, 01:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't know if you have longtube headers or not, but it's more difficult with stock headers. I did mine just on wheel ramps. The drivers side is simple. I got to the passenger side and nearly **** myself. It's overwhelming at first because you can't hardly see anything. All I took off was the starter. Just look how they are routed from the factory before you take the old ones off. Basically the wires on the pass side go under an AC or steam pipe (?) really close to the ac compressor.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:55 AM

mine just has whatever stock mainifolds it came from the factory with. The damage to the plug wires is on the driver's side, but I bought a set so I should probly just change them all. I'm not messing with the starter or compressor, if I can't do it I gues I'l have to take it somewhere, thanks. Out of everyone on here it seems like you are the only one able and nice enough to help with a few simple questions. Thank you very much.

Quick Reply: My luck - could use a little help