LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Weird scanmaster readings sometimes.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 04:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Weird scanmaster readings sometimes.

I get weird scanmaster wot readings sometimes like .653 .Other times its like .880 more normal. And sometimes saw knock at .653 othertimes none and sometimes saw knock at like over .900. And today took out thought all knock ,burst knock ,part throttle and full throttle and still got reading of 1.4 degrees once on scanmaster. Does anyone elses scanmaster give stupid readings sometimes that make no sense.

I recently installed new racetronix pump, adjustable reg set to 44psi, cleaned injectors thru the rail by professional and replaced fuel filter. I have new tps and pretty sure my maf wires are clean. How can I get super low 02 readings? I seem to get weird phantom knock even had some with 94 octane thrown in. Thats why just took the knock out. What else could give low super lean strange readings like .6xx? Damn lt1 makes no sense. I have scanmasters in my 99 trans am and in my 1st and 2nd gen talons. They are working fine. Only the lt1 scanmaster seems to give these bizzare numbers. I think will have to dust off my old autotap and see what it reads.