LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

can you clear up the "over camming" issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 05:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
If you want a track car you get the nasty cam(240+dur)w/110 or 108lsa, add steep gears(4.10-4.56) to keep it up in the power. 28" slicks, probably a 3500stall or higher.
I agree the 847 cam on le2/3 heads would make alot more peak power than a small cam on stock ported heads. Which is what you want for the track. You will suffer on the street with drivability and would get pulled from a low rpm kick with a smaller cam setup that makes better low end power. So I think you are on the right track with your setup, for what you are wanting out of it!
IMO all N/A LT1 cams should be 108-110 LSA, whether a more radical "race" cam or daily driver's modest bump stick. The lower overlap for many popular "n/a" shelf cams is usually due to the makers very poor way of offsetting the crappy drivability from the often too high duration for the size engine...at the expense of potential power.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

well in my app. im spraying the car so the 112 will help me more then a n/a 108 cam. Well all in all i guess well see where this 847 cam gets me for the time being. I was gonna get a custom ground cam but nobody got back to me in weeks so i just bought that cam. Anyways hopefully i get to the track before winter and get some sorts of times with my setup.

Quick Reply: can you clear up the "over camming" issues