LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

lt1 with 98+ SS spoiler Brake Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lt1 with 98+ SS spoiler Brake Problem?

I have a 94 camaro z28 with the 98 + ss Spoiler i know about the relay you have to install to get the ABS light to go off......but now when you hit the brakes the Spoiler lights up and the other two lights do not light up. I even checked all the fuses and **** like that. I tried it without the SS spoiler connected and they still dont light up..........any suggestions please.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't own a Camaro so I don't know for sure. But this has been covered a ton of times. The spoilers resistance is different or something, and it messes with the rest of the lights.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Formula350
I don't own a Camaro so I don't know for sure. But this has been covered a ton of times. The spoilers resistance is different or something, and it messes with the rest of the lights.

I know it does and i bought the relay to fix it, but now the running lights work but when you hit the brakes the lights dont light up only the spoiler light......the lights do light up when using the turn signals......could this be the switch on the brake pedal? i checked the grounds and relay everything seems fine but no brake lights just running lights.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 94CamaroZ28SS
I know it does and i bought the relay to fix it, but now the running lights work but when you hit the brakes the lights dont light up only the spoiler light......the lights do light up when using the turn signals......could this be the switch on the brake pedal? i checked the grounds and relay everything seems fine but no brake lights just running lights.
Well, I'm not talking about the ABS or the ABS light issue. I'm talking about just exactly your problem. There was two issues from my understanding. 1) ABS not working, or the light coming on 2) tail/brake lights not working.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is covered about as much as the "how much hp will this combo make" topic. lol. try a search bro.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

had the same problem with mine but I didn't do any mods, only my third brake light would light up and it turned out to be the ignition control module, I know sounds stupid but trust me yout brake light switch runs through yout ignitiopn control module for the brake lights with the exception of the third brake light in the spoiler. To change out the module you need to pull the steering wheel but chances are as it was with mine it want the module it was the connection underneath the dash so pull down your kick panel on the drivers side and at the base of the column you will see a bundle of wires comming out into a wide flat (single row) connector that probably has about 25 wires runniong into it uncouplke the connection and look for any corrosion and I put a very small amount of die-electric grease on the blades and when I put it back together I squeezed the hell out of it and put a zip tie around it to help secure it. it has been fine ever since
Old 11-19-2007, 01:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JB_97ws6TA
had the same problem with mine but I didn't do any mods, only my third brake light would light up and it turned out to be the ignition control module, I know sounds stupid but trust me yout brake light switch runs through yout ignitiopn control module for the brake lights with the exception of the third brake light in the spoiler. To change out the module you need to pull the steering wheel but chances are as it was with mine it want the module it was the connection underneath the dash so pull down your kick panel on the drivers side and at the base of the column you will see a bundle of wires comming out into a wide flat (single row) connector that probably has about 25 wires runniong into it uncouplke the connection and look for any corrosion and I put a very small amount of die-electric grease on the blades and when I put it back together I squeezed the hell out of it and put a zip tie around it to help secure it. it has been fine ever since

yeah i have searched the site but came up with nothing as far as useful information..............i will try checking under dash with the connections.......will the ABS being INOP affect the transmission?

Quick Reply: lt1 with 98+ SS spoiler Brake Problem?