LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

MARIO is not going to the shootout

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 03:56 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes on the suspension
Old 12-25-2007, 04:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazing i figured he wouldnt come .. and yes to run the shootout ... its no 4-link !
Old 12-25-2007, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

HAHAHAA big surprise that guy is a tool
Old 12-25-2007, 04:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Taubr Unit
Holy hell, crap got loose over there on chitown Jake, lol.
Most of the time I don't care what people say but this guy just said some sh-t that I didn't really agree with. Like his excuse that he can't race a sbc heads up becuase thay have some type of advantage. If you want to talk crap like that all the time just lock in do the race and don't make a soap opera out of it. Not no stock block against stock block 23* crap. Run what you brung and line up.
Old 12-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Staging Lane

I've been a member of this forum for about 2 years now. Obviously by my post count, I spend a lot more time reading and browsing than I do posting, but after seeing the continous **** talking this douche bag Mario does, I just felt compelled to comment. Although there are guys like this everywhere you go, it is a major embarrassment to have him associated with the same area I am from. Additionally, I believe there should be a certain level of professionalism maintained on sites like this as well as maintaining a certain level of dignity about yourself...he has gone way past both these points.

The LT-x Shootout is one of the greatest ideas for LT-x owners to come about and in my opinion and is well overdue. The shootout has the potential to be extremely popular and to grow into something much larger that what we will see in April. While a little friendly competitive talk amongest the participants is a good thing and should be encouraged, the blatant bullshit from Mario is just that...BULLSHIT. Unfortunately, he's not doing a lot to put a positive spin on anything, except for maybe that all his ignorance will raise the car count and the spectator count at the race due to the fast that a lot of people want the chance to kick his *** all the way down the track or watch it happen. Not that all street racers can be stereotyped (I've done my fair share), but Mario sure talks just like one..a lot of talk and even more excuses. Those that talk the biggest game and spew the most **** from their mouths usually have the least and can't or won't try to back it up. Mario, if you read this, don't ruin this for everyone else just because you don't have what it takes and because of your ignorance. If you got it, bring it, shut the **** up and race it. You may save what little shread of dignity you have left and actually gain some respect. If not, then just go back to your pitiful, meaningless life and don't waste people's time here. There are plenty of other sites that you can visit that operate at your level. I've been racing for most of my life and unfortunately have run into guys like this from time to time. The drag racing world doesn't need any more tools like this as it's hard enough to keep the respect and professionalism that we all fight so hard for and deserve. Guys like this seem to do nothing more than knock it down a notch. One other thing to consider, since car and driver must meet NHRA/IHRA requirements, we'll be lucky to see him show up let alone be allowed to make a pass. Just my observations. Sorry for the long post.
Old 12-25-2007, 05:52 PM
10 Second Club

Nicely said boostedz28
Good Luck to all the people going to the shootout.
Wish I was going, but the car won't be done.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jakesz28
Most of the time I don't care what people say but this guy just said some sh-t that I didn't really agree with. Like his excuse that he can't race a sbc heads up becuase thay have some type of advantage. If you want to talk crap like that all the time just lock in do the race and don't make a soap opera out of it. Not no stock block against stock block 23* crap. Run what you brung and line up.
Amen!
Old 12-25-2007, 10:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

lmfao, guess he couldn't back up his talk.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by infinitebird
lmfao, guess he couldn't back up his talk.
ill make a friendly bet of $1k... post the time on whoever breaks the record at the ltxshootout, and i will bet ANYONE that the following week ill be at route 66 and ill bust the record up.. any takers? it will be recorded and posted after i make the pass.. let me know who wants to bet.. like boosted said im not on stock suspension so there is no point of going to the shootout and you have to be on stock suspension to race.. There is no point of me going to a shitty track like the one guy said it on here, that lives near it , when i can get to a perfect track 15 min from my shop and break the record... so yes i will break the record but it wont be in kansas city.. it will be in joliet illinois..

as far as jakesz28,, i told you to lock in a head up race between your lt1 on spray and mine,, for as much money as you can come up with..

Now i dont give a **** if you guys believe me or not, i dont come on here much anyway,,, i didnt give a **** if i got banned,, but you guys will find out one way or another who has the fastest lt1 on spray in the country,, MARK MY WORDS..
Old 12-25-2007, 10:26 PM

video i saw looked like the cars were hooking quite nicely! until you have been there how can you comment on how crap it really is? it may not be a Norwalk or a Milan Dragway, but if prep is there then that is all that matters.
what happened I thought you were gonna drag it down south in March to bust up the record?
do you need a 4 link to hook the car up? what is wrong with bolt in suspension? alot of fast guys in the 1.2x's for short times. mid sevens on torque arm setups means it flat out works great!

good luck with your quest.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

personally, i do not care what record you break!
it has a carb and very NON STOCK suspension on it. no one will really be impressed

1 vote for a permanent vacation
Old 12-25-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just more excuses, and that's all it will ever be Mario.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
Just more excuses, and that's all it will ever be Mario.
hahahaha i like you talk ,, my orange lt1 went half second faster on motor then your junk goes on spray, and you got room to talk?
Old 12-25-2007, 10:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by taner
video i saw looked like the cars were hooking quite nicely! until you have been there how can you comment on how crap it really is? it may not be a Norwalk or a Milan Dragway, but if prep is there then that is all that matters.
what happened I thought you were gonna drag it down south in March to bust up the record?
do you need a 4 link to hook the car up? what is wrong with bolt in suspension? alot of fast guys in the 1.2x's for short times. mid sevens on torque arm setups means it flat out works great!

good luck with your quest.
i dont know about you guys but i street race my cars.. its not a track only car,, thats another reason i dont want to take it there and have everyone there see the car go and my street racing or racing for money is done.. its not a 4 link setup , but it is aftermarket. i had bolt on suspension before and went well into the 9s with it.. but thats at the track,, now i will have diff suspension and i will be racing it on the street more then the track.. as far as going down south in march , nahhh,, what ill do is keep everyone on their toes at the shootout,, let Tony be happy for little bit.. and they it will be all over it..
Old 12-25-2007, 10:47 PM
12 Second Club

I believe you are full of ****. You just seem like a **** talker. Who would make a bet that they could beat something when they don't even know what they are up against? You should leave

Last edited by fergymoto; 12-25-2007 at 10:47 PM. Reason: tpoy== = typo
Old 12-25-2007, 10:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 96lt1m6
personally, i do not care what record you break!
it has a carb and very NON STOCK suspension on it. no one will really be impressed

1 vote for a permanent vacation

did i ask you for your opinion? as far as being impressed, i dont care if you are or not... i went 940s on a 9-1 compression motor,550 lift cam,, with comp engineering 3 ways shocks in back with a air bag, stock front struts and springs,, 373 gear, stock gm carbed intake and a 850 carb out of the box,, never had the car tuned, nor even changed jets in carb.. no chute, no wheelie bars.. so when you can do that let me know,, otherwise i dont give 2 ***** about your personal opinion
Old 12-25-2007, 10:52 PM
12 Second Club

Your car must be magic... or maybe you run the 1/8th?
Old 12-25-2007, 10:53 PM

what makes our "red headed step child" LT1 f bodies unique?????

1. EFI
2. Torque arm suspension
3. 23* reverse cooled top end

yes efi solutions are as deep as your pockets, everything from tunercat (inexpensive), to megasquirt to Accel or FAST(a tad bit more costly). but all of this allows for a ton of driveability!
suspension....I already spoke to that one.
our LT1's weren't given very many option as far as bolt on cylinder heads are concerned.

going fast with all of the above working against you makes it that much more rewarding, just my .02. not that it matters though. and speaking down to people because you have run quicker than they have............grow up!

"keep us on our toes at the event, that is the funniest thing i have heard yet! no one cares!

let's try not to feed this fire ..........................i guess the vacation is over, lol!!!!
Old 12-25-2007, 10:53 PM
TECH Regular

Yall need to shut up .. he has the fastest Internet car of us all
Old 12-25-2007, 10:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fergymoto
I believe you are full of ****. You just seem like a **** talker. Who would make a bet that they could beat something when they don't even know what they are up against? You should leave
im up against stock block lt1's right? ive been doing these car sicne they came out,, if you believe me or not i dont give a ****.. i know there wont be a better built motor then mine...

Quick Reply: MARIO is not going to the shootout