LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Camaro Totalled??!!! :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 11:27 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeah...forgot to add...both airbags in the front DID deploy...............and the front windshield spiderwebbed due to the passenger one going off.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

eh man i'm really sorry to hear about your ride....i feel for ya on what it means to you and what you went through to get it...i did prety much the same thing spent all the money left over from paying debts and the usual partying to buy my 96 and spent a 6 yr enlistment bonus to build it up....i do hear you cuase my car isall i have to physically show for a yr in iraq but mental and emotional i have more then the car could ever show for ..so chin up and hope you can get er back in 1 piece..if not you can always getanother as stated a car can always be replaced and knowing most tru fbody enthusyists usually done better the next time around
Old 12-30-2007, 01:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still salvagable....... i've repaired way worse. if you need some airbags, i'll sell you a pair real cheap. You might need the front suspension replaced after going over that curb but the frame can be moved back over. By it back from your insurance, and get it fixed. You wont have to put hardly any money into it. Hell I even have a hood and passenger fender, front passenger suspension, if you need those. It's not the end of the world.... but i owe you a big thanks for serving our country. I am not going to lie, Iraq is the last place in the world i want to go. So thanks for serving for our country so we can have all of our Camaros and LT1's and LS1's and hot rods, weekend street races and that enjoyable feeling we have everyday when we wake up to start our day...."Freedom".
Remember September 11, 2001
Old 12-30-2007, 02:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZEX-Z
Still salvagable....... i've repaired way worse. if you need some airbags, i'll sell you a pair real cheap.
ZEX-Z, pm sent...

Thanks for all the help guys. I will get the car in about another hour or so and I will start tearing it all apart to assess the damages...HOPEFULLY its mostly cosmetic and not too bad. I will be taking pictures and posting them in a new "rebuild" thread so if y'all want to keep up with the restoration progress or anything, y'all can. Also and help with info and parts would be GREATLY appreciated! Here are some parts I KNOW I will need.

The ENTIRE Front end...
Front windshield
4 White Anniversary 5 spoke 16" rims
New Dash
New Airbags (pmed Zex-z)
New rear hatch
New rear glass
New Radiator
More to come.....

1997 Chevy Camaro 30th Z28 Anniversary Edition, LT1, 6-speed, T-Tops.

Last edited by Z28Camaro30Ann; 12-30-2007 at 02:46 PM. Reason: more damage than I thought...
Old 12-30-2007, 02:41 PM
Staging Lane

find another Z and swap parts. car is DOA.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by smb72
find another Z and swap parts. car is DOA.
that would be cheaper I think. However it sounds like this car has a lot of sentimental value to him, so if he wants to fix it and it's possible, nothing wrong with that option.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:07 PM
12 Second Club

It is a sentimental thing. This car has a name for a reason....it meant a lot. I have the car here now, and with another car I can fix it...it will take some welding, but the main damage was to the suspension, tie rods, and rims...The frame only took blows in a couple of places and they can be fixed. Most of this will be done by me and my father because he does body work and welding. I do engines...so together we will fix it. I am about to go to work taking body parts off and I will get some pictures so you can see.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:14 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah it sucks that you wrecked ur car and all but...it was ur own fault that u weren't paying closer attention to the road, i mean what if you would have hit someone else, i hope you wouldn't be complaining about ur car then. i understand how much ur z28 means to u, i would definitely shed a few tears if i wrecked mine too (i'm not some heartless ***). but this whole bit about 'the ENTIRE reason I went was to get that car and fix her up'...umm i'm sorry but that is a terrible reason to go to iraq. still if u worked hard over there then u should be commended (sorry i have some friends who went over and told me they didn't do jack **** and were all proud about it cause it was easy money). i'm not trying to put you down for your service, but from what u have said so far, it appears that your motive for going to iraq was just to buy the car.
i am glad that u weren't harmed in the accident and hope u can salvage ur 30th Z. if not, then like has be said, a newer, faster Z or SS will help relieve the pain.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:26 PM
12 Second Club

Not everyone had the same job over there, and not everyone got "easy money". I wanted that car but couldnt afford it. That gave me the boost I needed. Might have been a bad choice in your eyes, but its over now...as for paying attention, no ****...I'm not an idiot, I know WHY the accident happened and I realize it was my fault...I never once said it wasnt. I even told the cops I was speeding and not paying attention...I'm not a dishonest person. If there were other people involved or if I had hurt someone OF COURSE my car wouldnt be my primary concern...come on bro, I'm a cop. HOWEVER, I was the only one involved and I'm left with the pain and bill. No need to rub that stuff in my face...I'm not looking for sympathy here, I'm looking for help. I need a way to get parts to fix it without breaking the bank. This is the biggest collection of people with camaro parts just lying around that might be willing to sell. so forget the reason I went to Iraq, forget that the accident was my fault and dont make me feel even more like ****. I wouldnt do it to you, so no need for it here.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Dude, I'll give you my passenger airbag if you'd pay the shipping from 14150. It weighs about 15lbs iirc. You might be able to find someone willing to hook you up a little closer though, but the offer is here if you need it.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:55 PM
12 Second Club

I might take it...I am waiting on a response from another offer, but if it falls through I will be contacting you, thank you bro, seriously
Old 12-30-2007, 09:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

mmm so you are saying that you went to the war for just a car. a war with no reason and argument to be fought,sacrifice yourself for people who doesnt give a damn thing jajaj please. you must be cucu brother. sorry to say this but you just wasted your time thare, and also risk your life. I'm glad you are back adn the most important thing, you still alive. save some money and get a new ride, you can pay for another car, but nmo to get your life back
Old 12-30-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

why are people talking **** to someone for serving in the war? i don't understand that. let me say thank you for your services. i may not agree with the war but i will damn sure support the people that are over there. as for the car...i know what you're going through. i had an s-10 that i built up for 3 years as i earned the money to do it and that thing was my baby. 2 months after i had it almost completed(i say almost cause like my dad says...a car is never done) a lady rear ended me and totaled the entire truck. i wish i could help you with parts and get your car up and running again but i can't. i too own a 97, mines a black ss convertible but i'll always have a sentimental feeling for other 97s. i wish you the best in getting her up and going!
Old 12-30-2007, 10:52 PM
TECH Addict

thanks for serving, i know some of these cars here mean alot to people

I have a radiator for sale ATM and new in the box tie rods pm me
Old 12-30-2007, 10:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 220 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by gallardo259
yeah it sucks that you wrecked ur car and all but...it was ur own fault that u weren't paying closer attention to the road, i mean what if you would have hit someone else, i hope you wouldn't be complaining about ur car then.
Yea..rub it in *******..

Sorry to see the loss..atleast you walked away..get it fixed up. That car has meaning behind it..you got a name to restore in it, mine is just a regular Z28..that it why I call it my toy and do Engine Swaps and other unique mods to it..

For those of you that are all about the "you went over there for the car" ****...I've done 2 tours over there and I will say it's nice to have something to look forward too when you get back..when I was over there I was planning stuff for my car and buyin parts..

Yea..he might have been working for the car cause it meant something to him and it kept him going..those that haven't been there don't understand..so don't be taking shots at him.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Dont get yourself down, I wrecked my old '95 the day after xmas 3 years ago and beat the living **** out of it, the frame was all out of whack. I spent alot of money but fixed it right and forgot about what happened, it did mess with my head for about a month though. Sucked being 17 at the time and wrecking my pride and joy but anything can be fixed.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:02 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the defense....AGAIN people, I DO NOT CARE wether or not your think I "wasted" my time over there...I dont want to hear anything else about the iraq issue...if your not here to offer help for the car, back off of me. The MAIN THING I need right now is a chassis with a front end completely in-tact. The damage to the frame is not that bad. I need to straighten a little out, and use a couple of pieces from a similar year, but the unibody is straight, it didnt buckle anywhere and it is fixable. I need an entire nose clip, fenders, passenger side fender sheetmetal, radiator, dual electric fans, coolant resivore(sp?), Hood (preferrable an SS hood), all 4 rims, a majority of the front end suspension and steering components, front air dam, rear hatch w/glass, practically the ENTIRE dash because the passenger airbag did quite a bit of damage to that crap...both airbags, and a front windshield. That is the stuff I have figured out so far.

The only thing I have found wrong with the engine so far is the oil pan was slightly dented in, but it wasnt knocking...when we have the engine pulled I'll have a new one put on to be safe. I'll also be putting on my pacesetter headers, getting my heads machined, and powdercoating a few things here and there...providing funds are available. Wish me luck. I will post extensive pics of the damage tomorrow and start a new thread.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z28Camaro30Ann
Thanks for the defense....AGAIN people, I DO NOT CARE wether or not your think I "wasted" my time over there...
Don't worry about it man..it's ignorance of people that don't understand..

You will get it back, if I had the parts I would help you..I don't have any LT1 Parts except for the Power Steering..

Last edited by the_merv; 12-30-2007 at 11:25 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:15 PM
12 Second Club

power steering what? I might need the resivore(sp?) for the PS...I think the screw hole thingy's broke in the wreck. What all do you have?
Old 12-30-2007, 11:24 PM
11 Second Club

I have the whole complete System..the Pump is 100K old, it came from my LT1 before I did my LSX Swap. The Resivoir i still good..I know the Bolt hole is intact, the one little hole with the Tab maybe craked..

Quick Reply: Camaro Totalled??!!! :(