LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

My Winter Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 12:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default My Winter Project

Here's an update on my winter build up so far...

Got my pacesetter longtubes in a day after Christmas and intalled them and right now I'm running open headers and man its stupid loud. I had to wait to get my exhaust installed because I got new suspension too. Local fbody guy is making me custom duals. These are my mufflers of choice

*sorry for the crappy pics they are cell phone pics*

3" powersticks

For now it's gonna be 3" duals w/ custom x pipe dumped

As far as suspension goes I ordered chassis mounted adjustable torque arm with driveshaft loop, weld in subframe connectors, and lca relocation brackets all from UMI. A local metal worker is hooking me up and making me some boxed lca just like these spohn ones

he is also welding in my relocation brackets and my subframe connectors for only $30 which i think is a steal and is making my lca for at cost so I'm getting another awesome deal there.

My torque arm, just installed this today and I'm happy with it. The roads were wet so I couldn't tell you how much better I can launch or how much better the grip is but I did notice less nose dive during hard braking.

Lastly I'm getting some new rubber for the road. Looking to go 275/40R17. Been eyeballing the Sumitomo HTR Z I, II, and III. Also looking at the General Exclaim UHP, and the Kumho Ecsta SPT. But a family friend, his son owns a tire shop so I'm getting a bitchin price from that.

Also getting a street tune at a really good price from a local tuner because I'm friends w/ quite a few people who know him.

So all in all the lesson here is networking. It's not how much you know it's who you know. It's gonna save me a lot of money.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:18 AM
11 Second Club

Should be a nice gain and get more power to the ground at the same time.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:07 AM
TECH Addict

Are you going to run a full exhaust? If not, I think you will still have a very loud car!!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by qwk93ta
Are you going to run a full exhaust? If not, I think you will still have a very loud car!!
It's going to be dumped for now. I'll take it past the axle a lil later on down the road
Old 01-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by transamws6_97
It's going to be dumped for now. I'll take it past the axle a lil later on down the road
it wont be as load as you think i had trues on my car that ended before the rearend and for me it was perfect! no since in adding extra weight to go past the rear end. I did get a few looks from the cops though lmao! I had to drive with open geaders as well and the trues are no were near as load as open headers, not even close. Of course people have there opinions of what load is.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hope it isnt as loud these headers vibrate every piece in my interior

Quick Reply: My Winter Project