LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need help, really lost here...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help, really lost here...

Alright guys, I need a hand with my car. It's a 94 M6 with LE1 package, new electric water pump, timing set, RR's, pushrods, and all other boltons and a new cap and rotor, nothing was wrong with old one just figured I would put on a new one while I was doing H/C and car has about 85K miles on it. Now this has really got me stumped, the car starts right up, idles fine and drives great for about 10-15 minutes and then starts to miss and just shuts right off. As soon as this happens, it will barely turn over, like the battery is dead. But if I unhook the computer let it sit then re attach the battery cable the car will start right up, clear out and run good for the same amount of time. Prior to it dying I get no check engine light or anything, the alternator is good (had it tested) and I checked all of my grounds and everything else. I'm thinking maybe ICM getting warm and shutting off, but I really have no idea. Anybody have any guesses or ideas?!?

Thanks ahead of time,
Bill
Old 01-15-2008, 03:08 PM
10 Second Club

Sounds like something is happening once the PCM goes out of closed loop mode. Check all your sensor connections. Do you have a code scanner?
Old 01-15-2008, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well, but I'm pretty sure that it goes to closed loop after 5 or so minutes and this doesn't happen for like 15min. But I'm not sure, also, I have a cable for my laptop, but none of the free programs seem to work, I can get it to say "connected" to the PCM but it won't log or record...

Thanks,
Bill
Old 01-22-2008, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

So no one else has any ideas on what to do here? I'm thinking maybe it's the ICM and when it gets warmed up, it dies, but I still don't understand why it acts like the battery is dead until I reset the computer... Also anyone else have trouble with their car not scanning?!?