LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

I Need Help With My New Rad!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Need Help With My New Rad!

Ok, so I just bought a brand new Griffin Radiator part #6-593AE-GAX for my LT1. It's a beautiful rad, and when I went to install it, I noticed the top plastic radiator shroud part is now too thin to fit over top of the new SUPER THICK griffin rad. Does anyone know what can be done, I tried grinding/cutting out the shroud so it would fit overtop of the rad, but ended up cracking it after constantly trying to make it work...it just wouldn't fit!.!.!.ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRICIATED!!! I need this radiator in my car ASAP! thanks
Old 02-01-2008, 10:50 PM
12 Second Club

ever think about making one out of stainless steel or have some one make u one? it would also dress up the engine bay and shouldnt cost much
Old 02-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Teching In

I did consider that, it's just well, the situation I am in now is I need to get my camaro out of this garage its in by,... well should have been by the end of January, but the only thing it needs is a new upgraded rad, which I bought and didn't expect the siutation I am in now, so I'm kinda looking for the fastest solution...although it looks impossible...who would make one??
Old 02-01-2008, 11:05 PM
12 Second Club

http://www.specializedstainless.com/401.html You could give them a try, or if you know of a business in ur area with metal breaks, you could have them bend you something up.