LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

What to do when?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 09:27 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What to do when?

Ok, listen, I am looking at building up my 95 Z28 M6. Its got the standard LT1 V8 in it. With the exception of dual cold air, flowmasters, and big tires in the back, it is pretty stock, and the other mods on it (like a big block hood) are appearance based. Had a buddy do some stuff to the computer, so it runs a little better. Now I am going performance. Next step is hooker headers, true dual with glass packs and cats (have to keep it California emissions legal). I am not looking to have much more than 400-450HP. I would like to get as much of that to the wheels as possible, and still keep it a daily driver. Am I going to have to build up the rear end? What about suspension? I would also like it to turn a little tighter than it does. I assume the faster she gets, I am going to need after market brakes. What else should I start doing? I want to think of this as far ahead of time as I can, so I can make a budget, and start shopping around for parts.
I posted this somewhere else, but I forgot where it was and lost track of it. So if you have seen this before, please repost. I am also looking for after I do the headers and exhaust (I hope to port and polish the heads as well), what you think I should do next. I am not a big fan of putting a turbo in it, just because of the cost. Do you think I will need wider than 295s in the rear?
Old 02-05-2008, 10:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That little search button up on your top right will tell you everything you need to know, search other peoples mods see what they did and how much they gained, im sure you'll find somthing along those lines of modding on a budget, and dont search just here, type it on other search engines, you'll find what you want plus more, and more of a explanation on how to do it then you would here.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

u wont pass emissions.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:25 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by nesqwick_05
u wont pass emissions.
so do true duals automatically DQ you from passing emissions?