LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need help installing Walbro fuel pump!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 07:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help installing Walbro fuel pump!!!

Im finishing up installing the pump on the car, but I got stuck. Is there a write up for the LT1 in specific? I searched but there is no formal write up or at least I didnt find one. Im only installing the Walbro pump and the hotwire kit that I got from Nasty performance.

1. How do you take the plastic housing apart to access the pump?

-I dont know how to take it apart unless I break it

2. Since I got the hotwire kit, what do I need to do so the wires hook up. I dont want to splice any wires and blow myself up later...LOL!!!

Thanks!!!
Old 02-06-2008, 07:35 PM
TECH Resident

Housing you have to score it along the parting line on the top and carefully pry it apart. As far as the wiring goes you should have instructions with your kit. If not then search here in the fuel forum and I know there is info there. I was in there today looking at dual Walbro setups for my car.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:09 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks, but what do you mean by score?

I'll try and find the instructions for it, I know they were in the box with everything else.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:11 PM
12 Second Club

I already took everything apart, but is there an o-ring that needs to be put down into the fuel bucket to seal the pump inlet? The 2nd pic shows where the stock pump has a rubber peice to seal it to the bucket and also another rubber peice to keep it in place. Once I got the new pump in there it sort of just moves back and forth and Im a little concerned about it coming apart once I glue everything back together. Also what if I just remove the bucket and put the sock at the end, will I have any problems?

Old 02-07-2008, 04:30 PM
10 Second Moderator

[QUOTE=street demon2k3;8661975]I already took everything apart, but is there an o-ring that needs to be put down into the fuel bucket to seal the pump inlet? The 2nd pic shows where the stock pump has a rubber peice to seal it to the bucket and also another rubber peice to keep it in place. Once I got the new pump in there it sort of just moves back and forth and Im a little concerned about it coming apart once I glue everything back together. Also what if I just remove the bucket and put the sock at the end, will I have any problems?

I think the bucket contains the fuel that keeps the pump cool. If your pump gets hot thats what causes them to fail.