LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LTCC Module Placement/Mounting?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 08:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LTCC Module Placement/Mounting?

I'm in the middle of finishing up my LTCC conversion on my 93 Z28, and I am wondering where those of you who have done this conversion place/mounted your LTCC module? I want to get some ideas of where is the best place to mount mine.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Red Mnster Z
I'm in the middle of finishing up my LTCC conversion on my 93 Z28, and I am wondering where those of you who have done this conversion place/mounted your LTCC module? I want to get some ideas of where is the best place to mount mine.
Most people (myseld included) mount them atop the valve covers. im making adapter plates that will get sandwiched against the valve covers (using longer bolts and spacers) and then mounting the coils atop that.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SoxXpupPeT
Most people (myseld included) mount them atop the valve covers. im making adapter plates that will get sandwiched against the valve covers (using longer bolts and spacers) and then mounting the coils atop that.
I know where most people mount the coils, on the valve covers, which is what I'm doing also. I was talking about the module itself (black box). I just want to get some ideas where is a good place to mount the module so its not really near the engine (engine heat), and gets so much vibration all at the same time.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:22 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had mine mounted to the driver fender for a long time. In the process of moving things around so I'm not sure if it's staying there or getting a new home.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

has anyone thought about trying/finding a way to mount the module inside the car like under the dash area somewhere?
Old 12-30-2011, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is how i did mine
Steve

Quick Reply: LTCC Module Placement/Mounting?