LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

95 lt1 problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 09:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 lt1 problems

I have a 95 camaro z28. My ses light is comming on everytime i get in my car. I'll go off when i'm at a stop light but it comes back on when i get moving. I went to advance and got them to check the codes. It threw 3 codes. One was a 26-ccp circuit, one was 27-egr circuit, and the last one was 77-fan 1 circuit. Not sure if there scanners are acurate.

When its running its has a rough idle and sometimes it'll backfire out of the exhaust, It stalled out on me the other night at a stoplight jus sitting there. Help is very needed i cant figure it out. thanks
Old 02-19-2008, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

26 - is the Evap canister, 27-EGR. These two are probably related? Could be as simple as a vacuum line off. If the car is running ruff and stalling the EGR may be blocked/stuck. With the car running slowly power break it, if the EGR is stuck open the car will beging stalling as you apply power. Also, with the engine cool try plugging the vacuum port, the relay for the EGR is on the very back of the intake, a gold tee fits nicely. Then you can reach in and open the ERG, might be about to get it to reseat. The relay for the purge in in the middle of the intake on the passenger sise. One hose runs up the the Throttle body, other snakes around under the TB and hooks into the hose that runs into the engine compartment with the fuel lines.

The purge code can sometimes be thrown if the air pump goes bad, but normally your get a code 26 or quad drive error?

The fan circuit is probably a seperate issue. Can you hear the fans running at all?
Old 02-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Teching In

thanks i'll try that in a little while. I'm not sure if the fans are running i'll have to look.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Teching In

i tried to power brake it but it didnt stutter or anything. but its getting worse now it when i drive it.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Teching In

my right o2 sensor harness i guess touched the header and melted, so two of the wires were showing the actual wire. I taped them up. so thats why i bought a new o2 sensor cause i wasnt sure if it might have gotten messed up. But now when i unplug it it seems to idle a lot better....not normal but better. I'm really not sure whats going on with it. I jus want to fix it so i can spray it again....I'm having withdraws! ha