LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

500 rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 05:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS Aleks
...and that's the game.

Deamon, that was probably the perfect post.

I made 500 RWHP with ported stock castings. Check out this very short video of one of my dyno pulls.

The best advise I have for you is to buy an engine from a company that has documented results that match your expectations.

What does your car weigh?

David
Old 03-08-2008, 06:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
What does your car weigh?
You asked me that in the thread linked by 96capricemgr.

I guess you didn't read my responce, it's the last one in the thread (or #35 where I show dyno graphs, discuss the weight, and show time slips).
Old 03-08-2008, 07:12 AM
TECH Veteran

You asked me that in the thread linked by 96capricemgr.

I guess you didn't read my responce, it's the last one in the thread (or #35 where I show dyno graphs, discuss the weight, and show time slips).
Well seeing as you want show YOUR smart ***, I will show mine.

You say you make 500whp, weigh 3320, sixty foot in the 1.50's and run 124 mph.

To me that doesnt add up...........

My car makes 450whp unlocked, weighs 3750lbs, sixty foots in the low/mid 1.50's and runs 123/124 mph.

Seeing as you weigh 430 lbs LESS than me, with 50 MORE rwhp...why do you run the same mph as me?

If my car weighed YOUR 3320lbs with my 450whp I would run 10.60's at 127/128 mph pretty easily.

One of us has a HP vs weight issue.That dyno may say one thing, but trap speed vs weight NEVER lies.

David

Last edited by FASTFATBOY; 03-08-2008 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have an issue with my dynographs too.. the dyno ( dynojet) says mine makes 431rwhp and 408 lb ft tq, and the car weighed in at 3460 with me in it and almost a full tank of gas. And im a lean 150lbs, so that makes the car 3310 with gas. However, with a 1.65
60' my car only hits 113mph trap speeds....
Old 03-08-2008, 07:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ElkySS
Could this be attainable with a 383 w/ LE3 package and a bump in compression to 11.5? i also want to run nitrous but i want to make it all motor
Way to expensive to reach that kind of goal. (500rwhp) Plus, if your gonna spray it, it's much easier to build the motor for spray and just pill it up a little.
Example, 425-450rwhp with a 2 stage nitrous system. Hit with a 100 shot a couple of car lenghts out and another 150 once it hits second gear. There you go, 700rwhp. Don't forget to bring some clean underwear with ya.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea if you're going to spray, why worry so much about N/A? Build a capable spray motor, that'll still make what Z said NA, and then a brickload when you hit that lil button.

Or boost it. 420hp has been made on a stock motor with a tune, headers and a supercharger (that's it, didn't even upgrade the poor 24# injectors). Build it right, set up the fuel right as well as the tune and you could make quite a nice number. And I still think you can spray forced induction motors
Old 03-08-2008, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of us has a HP vs weight issue.That dyno may say one thing, but trap speed vs weight NEVER lies.

David
u have to remember it's not all about hp/weight. he may have different gearing and makes his HP at a different RPM than you. he may have an auto or standard. there's MUCH more to consider than HP and weight alone... if power to weight was all that was factored, then that means a car would have to have roughly 900HP to keep with a typical 600cc sportbike. and that's obviously not the case, now is it?
Old 03-08-2008, 10:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by sdm1234
u have to remember it's not all about hp/weight. he may have different gearing and makes his HP at a different RPM than you. he may have an auto or standard. there's MUCH more to consider than HP and weight alone... if power to weight was all that was factored, then that means a car would have to have roughly 900HP to keep with a typical 600cc sportbike. and that's obviously not the case, now is it?
You can say what you want, RWHP vs WEIGHT=trap speed, period.

Either I have ALOT more rwhp than the dyno said, or he has less.

Trans means nothing, RWHP is RWHP through ANY trans, the final number at the wheels vs the weight it is pulling=trap speed.

Ok for your comparison, take a stock Gixxer 600 with a 150lb rider, say it runs 11.20. Put a backpack on the rider with 50lbs in it, same rider....you reckon it will slow down? Yup the same power has to pull more weight.

Somewhere, somehow, something doesnt add up.

David
Old 03-08-2008, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

Well seeing as you want show YOUR smart ***, I will show mine.

You say you make 500whp, weigh 3320, sixty foot in the 1.50's and run 124 mph.

To me that doesnt add up...........

My car makes 450whp unlocked, weighs 3750lbs, sixty foots in the low/mid 1.50's and runs 123/124 mph.

Seeing as you weigh 430 lbs LESS than me, with 50 MORE rwhp...why do you run the same mph as me?

If my car weighed YOUR 3320lbs with my 450whp I would run 10.60's at 127/128 mph pretty easily.

David
Thanks for showing me your ***. Are you really that mad I didn't retype all the info that you already asked for, when it is already linked in this thread?
My best trap was 126, but the ET was only 10.86, I thought I would show my best ET 10.82 @ 124.4 in my sig.

Instead of playing the "what if" game with your car (as it relates to mine), you can simply put about an hour into very simple (non permanent) weight reduction and get a lighter friend to drive the car for you. It's an A4 anyway so it's not like the driver will make the difference. That also brings up another point; my car is clearly bogging down in the video (needs more gear). Do you really think when I am able to launch in the power band and stay in the power band for the whole pass (like the A4 does) the car will slow down? Lastly, you do have about 50 HP less on the dyno, and all of us here on the interweb know that there is absolutely no difference between an A4 with an unlocked converter and an M6 when it comes to dyno #'s.

Your comments about trap speed and weight are funny, and clearly illustrate your lack of understanding with regard to the total package. You do weigh more, but also you have more cubes, MUCH bigger heads (235 cc WOW), a big non lt-1 single plane intake, and an A4 with a big stall. I think you should be much faster than you are, something does not add up to me. You are right, one of us has an issue and it appears to be efficiency.

The OP want's to know if it is possible to get 500 RWHP N/A on pump gas, I said yes and showed a real world example.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

RHS has a 235cc head BEFORE porting, I always assumed that is what fatboy sent to Lloyd for even more opening up. How big are they now?
Old 03-08-2008, 10:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Thanks for showing me your ***. Are you really that mad I didn't retype all the info that you already asked for, when it is already linked in this thread?
My best trap was 126, but the ET was only 10.86, I thought I would show my best ET 10.82 @ 124.4 in my sig.

Instead of playing the "what if" game with your car (as it relates to mine), you can simply put about an hour into very simple (non permanent) weight reduction and get a lighter friend to drive the car for you. It's an A4 anyway so it's not like the driver will make the difference. That also brings up another point; my car is clearly bogging down in the video (needs more gear). Do you really think when I am able to launch in the power band and stay in the power band for the whole pass (like the A4 does) the car will slow down? Lastly, you do have about 50 HP less on the dyno, and all of us here on the interweb know that there is absolutely no difference between an A4 with an unlocked converter and an M6 when it comes to dyno #'s.

Your comments about trap speed and weight are funny, and clearly illustrate your lack of understanding with regard to the total package. You do weigh more, but also you have more cubes, MUCH bigger heads (235 cc WOW), a big non lt-1 single plane intake, and an A4 with a big stall. I think you should be much faster than you are, something does not add up to me. You are right, one of us has an issue and it appears to be efficiency.

The OP want's to know if it is possible to get 500 RWHP N/A on pump gas, I said yes and showed a real world example.

Here is what I DO KNOW,

Doesnt matter WHAT I have for motor, RWHP is RWHP and weight is weight.

Put a six speed and a 12 bolt in my car like yours and I would make 500+ REAL rwhp and trap around 129 at my weight(430lbs HEAVIER than you)

MY stall is not "BIG" it is actually a little too tight for the motor, which HELPS my rwhp and trap speed.

We run the same 60ft....kill that excuse

If a 160lb driver got in my car it would run 10.80's@126 ish, but hows that? I would STILL be 240lbs heavier than you and have 50 less RWHP!!!!!! But it would run the same as your car?????????

I have LESS RWHP than you and weigh 430 lbs MORE but yet we trap almost the same. So ....either I make MORE than 450rwhp OR you make less than 500rwhp...that math is EASY to figure out...SIMPLE really. Do THIS math, put 430lbs in your car to make it weigh 3750lbs....you will be running 11.30's @121 mph with 50 rwhp than me....how does THAT add up?

I noticed in the OTHER post that you state" I really dont think the weight difference of the cage and the interior BACK in the car will make ANY difference in ET, final weight should be around 3500-3600 lbs"

I got a little SMALL news flash for you, your car WILL slow down to 11.teens if your weight ends up in that range. And you will run LESS mph than me. Although you will STILL be 150lbs lighter than me and have 50 more rwhp??????????????????????????????????????????

You can say what ya want, I been around drag racing a LOOOOONG time. I know how weight and HP affect each other.

Last edited by FASTFATBOY; 03-08-2008 at 11:06 AM.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

A cage stiffens the car and they can often launch better, so not that big a handicap, combined with some more driver experiance I think he may be right about it running the same afterwards.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:05 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by fergymoto
LSX is always the answer
Considering he is starting from scratch with the motor it would be stupid not to go with an lsx setup. The aftermarket is 100x bigger than ltx's, and the parts avaliable are far superior than ltx people have avaliable.

And try not to throw this read off topic, just because some people are trying to justifly their 11 second cars with $20,000 motors doesn't mean you have to ruin a thread.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
A cage stiffens the car and they can often launch better, so not that big a handicap, combined with some more driver experiance I think he may be right about it running the same afterwards.
I saw him drive the car on the vid, he drives JUST fine. The driver is NOT gonna make up the difference in adding an additional 250lbs.

I have a DAMN hard time swallowing that car has 500rwhp, sorry.

Back on the day Mindgame on CZ28.com had a 383 six speed car that made 540rwhp in a similar weight car that ran IN THE NINES all motor. He street drove the car to work!

David
Old 03-08-2008, 11:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
Considering he is starting from scratch with the motor it would be stupid not to go with an lsx setup. The aftermarket is 100x bigger than ltx's, and the parts avaliable are far superior than ltx people have avaliable.

And try not to throw this read off topic, just because some people are trying to justifly their 11 second cars with $20,000 motors doesn't mean you have to ruin a thread.
WOuld it make YOU feel better if I put it in a 3300lb raceweight car and ran 10.50's? I will not GUT my streetcar.

You make a 3750lb car run 11.0 on pumpgas, drag radials and a 23 degree head and call me back.It aint easy with a tight converter.

All I have to do is have the converter re-stalled to run 10.80's...but it is tight because I am gonna spray the car here shortly.

BTW, I have no where NEAR 20k in my engine.

David
Old 03-08-2008, 11:18 AM
11 Second Club

WOuld it make YOU feel better if I put it in a 3300lb raceweight car and ran 10.50's? I will not GUT my streetcar.

You make a 3750lb car run 11.0 on pumpgas and a 23 degree head and call me back.

BTW, I have no where NEAR 20k in my engine.

David
No, it won't make me feel any better, but since you are getting so worked up over it maybe you should go do it to make yourself feel better. I personally stopped caring about boosting my e-ego thing awhile ago.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:23 AM
TECH Veteran

No, it won't make me feel any better, but since you are getting so worked up over it maybe you should go do it to make yourself feel better. I personally stopped caring about boosting my e-ego thing awhile ago.
But you spew crap when you have a low 12 sec car?

Ha ha.

If you guys HAVE to believe that car has 500 to the tires to make you feel better about having bought Ai parts......fine with me.

BTW Speed_Demon, You and Aleks have the same heads, where is YOUR other 70 rwhp?

I drive my car ALL over it is a REAL full weight STREETCAR.

David
Old 03-08-2008, 11:26 AM
11 Second Club

But you spew crap when you have a low 12 sec car?

Ha ha.

If you guys HAVE to believe that car has 500 to the tires to make you feel better about having bought Ai parts......fine with me.

BTW Speed_Demon, You and Aleks have the same heads, where is YOUR other 70 rwhp?

David
Maybe because he has a built shortblock, solid roller, ported intake, and electric waterpump?

If you want to play that game, You have 50cc larger heads that "flow another 50cfm, a single plane manifold, and all the supporting mods, yet you are 1.2 seconds off rick abars time and 15mph off his trap speed? Surely the 50cc larger heads and another 40-50cfm combined with the single plane should make up the 400 lb weight difference?
Old 03-08-2008, 11:32 AM
On The Tree

FASTFATBOY: If the car weighs more simply use more gear. By using a bigger lever it gets easier to get that mass going, it would also put me square in the power band for the duration of the run. That's the reason I am not worried about the car weighing more when it's finished. It's the reason the sport bike guys run bigger sprockets when the rider is heavier. Your math problem should prove to you why you are wrong, but you are one dimensional. When your car is sitting at its peak power for the entire run I suppose it works, but after I drop the clutch the car bogs to about 1,800 rpm (about 60 RWHP) and has to claw its way back from there, I guess that's the advantage to an A4 along with quicker shifts than a M6. I don't see why you are so animated, you should be happy you are much faster than me on paper. There is no point in talking with you further. You are a hater with enough knowledge to be laughably wrong.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Maybe because he has a built shortblock, solid roller, ported intake, and electric waterpump?

If you want to play that game, You have 50cc larger heads that "flow another 50cfm, a single plane manifold, and all the supporting mods, yet you are 1.2 seconds off rick abars time and 15mph off his trap speed? Surely the 50cc larger heads and another 40-50cfm combined with the single plane should make up the 400 lb weight difference?
I tell ya what, put pump fuel in Ricks car, make him weigh what I weigh, take his trans brake away, put a similar converter to mine in his car and put drag radials on it and see what he runs. I venture to say 10.50's. Compare apples to apples.

I dont have the engine development access that Rick has, IE keep throwing cams and tune at it until it runs the number.

David

Quick Reply: 500 rwhp