LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Bleeding McLeod Master Cyl.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 01:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bleeding McLeod Master Cyl.

How do you guys with LT1s bleed your adj. clutch master.
I just installed a new McLeod adj. master but there are no bleeder screws ANYWHERE!!!
Anyone out there have any ideas????
Old 08-03-2003, 10:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Bleeding McLeod Master Cyl.

Well if ya can't bench bleed it you can still do it when it's on the car... kinda a PITA though. This is what I did at least (somebody critique me, I hate giving bad advice)

1. Open the cap on the clutch hydraulics reservoir

2. Unhook the master cylinder piston from the clutch pedal (loosen the u-bolt if necessary)

3. Under the car, squeeze your arm over to the slave cylinder and unbolt it, and then slide it out.

Note: You may need something to pad your hands with, this next part is a little painful. Also during bleeding you might want an assistant to add fluid to the reservoir if the level lowers too much.

4. Gently and SLOWLY, press the slave cylinder's pushrod in about an inch or so. If necessary go ahead and bottom it out (won't hurt anything, based on what I've read), but the key is being slow. As you push in it will push back. HARD. After an inch or so of compression your finger / palm will probably be hurting, so take this into account when you're trying to do this lying on the floor of your garage.

That's it, reinstall the slave cylinder (make sure the piston is firmly seated on the clutch fork), cap the reservoir and retighten the u-bolt and master cylinder pushrod onto the clutch pedal.

Quick Reply: Bleeding McLeod Master Cyl.