LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Header Install Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 10:53 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header Install Help!!!!

Ok here is what im doing , i got a 96 trans am lt1, pacesetter LT's, and ory pipe, i am deleting the the egr/air....i need to know what all i need to take off to put this all in, ege/air pump, alternator,o2, starter? just fill me in what i need to take off in order to get these installed...also if u know anyone on here that has pics please let me know thanks!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camarostripes96
Ok here is what im doing , i got a 96 trans am lt1, pacesetter LT's, and ory pipe, i am deleting the the egr/air....i need to know what all i need to take off to put this all in, ege/air pump, alternator,o2, starter? just fill me in what i need to take off in order to get these installed...also if u know anyone on here that has pics please let me know thanks!!!
I just got through installing some PS LTs & ORY on my 97-Z, you'll find that the headers themselves are the easiest of the whole job with installation, they go right in, you will first need to disconnect the batt., remove the Alt., romove airpump hoses/pipes from manifolds, take out as many spark plugs as possible, loosen/take out as many manifold bolts, but leave at least 2 snug (to keep the manny in place) then jack the car up & set it on stands, get it as high as possible without it being too dangerous, you can soak the manifold bolts, i didn't, you'll find this is the area of most concern, because you don't want to break any off (take your time in this area), you may want to use a 1/2 rachet for these, at least thats what i did, as mine were very rusty, but once they came loose (from the seat on the manifold) they came out farely easy, then from underneath, take out the starter, then loosen both bolts from the steering arm, but take out the one from the racket-pinion side, then slide the shaft off (racket pinion end) & lay it off to the side, but don't move the steering or tires, then loosen the manifold flange bolts (soak first), then the the U bolts & hanger/bolts from wear the join, o2 senser plugs, you'll get the general idea what needs to be done, remove the rest of the spark plugs, the dipstick tube & anything else i may have forgotten LOL. Hope this helps.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:31 PM
Launching!

ok i am getting the drift, but i wish someone had pics of an egr/air removal on a 96-97 lt1