LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

which muffler with the mufflex?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default which muffler with the mufflex?

im thinking about going ahead and purchasing things for a 383 or 396 build. i know im gonna get the mufflex 4" catback with the hideaway tip. i cant decide if i should go with the spintech again although it will be a different muffler. or if i should get the flowmaster 30 series race muffler that comes with it. my friend has a 383 with AI h/c. he has the mufflex with the flowmaster and it sounds bad ***!!! i love the tone of my spintech now i just cant decide which i will be the happiest with and which one flows the best. and dont suggest magnaflow. i dont like straight through mufflers they dont have any tone just quiet then loud
Old 04-18-2008, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

anyone?
Old 04-18-2008, 09:27 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

The Mufflex 4 inch system hits everything. I had mine installed by them. Lousy install, it was wedged against the body over the axel, they used a little rubber wedge and it fell out in no time. I have a huge dent in the pipe where the rear u-joint whacks it.

Unless you're making like 700 HP, don't waste your money, 4 inch won't do anything for you, especially for a cat-back system. And it doesn't sound that great either. I can't wait to have the bucks to replace it.

Talk to Kooks.

Here are some pics. This is pretty much as they installed it. One time, the system fell off the rear hangers. Nice install guys!

Old 04-18-2008, 09:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Personally I don't like either choice of mufflers. When I ordered the 3.5" mufflex for my car I went with the Spintech as the lesser of two evils. As soon as Magnaflow came out with their very good 3.5" muffler I went with it. By the way here is a thread about Flowmaster mufflers. It is very interesting.

http://www.speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10580
Old 04-18-2008, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

gah! that is some great info! i will believe it coming from a pro engine builder. well maybe i will rethunk it and go the magnaflow route. ive just never heard one in person so idk how it sounds. you dont have any clips do you 1989GTA?

OH...and do spintechs flow better than flowmasters?

Quick Reply: which muffler with the mufflex?