LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

msd cap and rotor question

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default msd cap and rotor question

Hey guys. I bought a MSD cap and rotor for my brothers 94z. I took the old cap and rotor out and went to install the new one only to see the the rotor is rubbing the center section slightly....its not hard but i didnt think it should be rubbing at all. Is this normal or am i missing something.. Thanks in advance
Old 04-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SlowZ28/SS
Hey guys. I bought a MSD cap and rotor for my brothers 94z. I took the old cap and rotor out and went to install the new one only to see the the rotor is rubbing the center section slightly....its not hard but i didnt think it should be rubbing at all. Is this normal or am i missing something.. Thanks in advance
I put the same set up on mine and had no prblems with it rubbing...weird
Old 04-25-2008, 05:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you leave the thin metal plate on yours as well, as well as the plastic piece that sits under the rotor? And what did you do about the seal that goes in the stock rotor? My msd rotor is shallower than the stock rotor and the seal sticks up to high...or did you even use it? When you try to push the rotor down on with the stock seal in it...it wont let the rotor go all the way down.