LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Opti, No start (my solution!!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sweet-94z28
I have seen some people convert to an MSD crank trigger setup. One guy even used a system off of a Ford Tempo (essentially a crank trigger) that had 32 tabs that counted out near perfect timing. The only real advantage of the opti is that it is accurate +-1º of timing.
Which leads to a good question. If the MSD crank trigger can get wet and survive, why does a little moisture ruin our optis?
Old 05-06-2008, 10:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, I have the Delteq on my car and I never have any issues when it gets wet. In fact, I have even engine washed it with a power washer several times and it has never gave me any crap. My opti was replaced by the first owner at 40,000 miles and it not has 115,000 on the car and I still am using that same opti. I have all of the plug wires off of it and it still is going good for me. I know that my next opti will come from thepartsladi on ebay because they seem to have excellent optis from delphi. I don't know for sure but I would have to think that oil would be a bigger threat to an opti than anything. The 92-94 opti looks like it seals out oil better at the back, but I have never had mine off to know for sure. I have just seen pictures of both styles. I don't know much about those MSD triggers, but if there was some way to rig one up without a lot of trouble, I think it would be a HUGE hit.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 04gtoBMXracer
yeah im a novice, i have owned 6 LTx powered cars and im a novice. i have a 95z28 and it has a ford dist in the front and a chevy dist in the back and a opti and it makes good power
Well what did you expect him to say after you told him to shut up? I read what he wrote, and it did not sound like bs if you followed it.

To the OP I say get some LS7 coils and get the LTCC.

Quick Reply: Opti, No start (my solution!!)