LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

is this totaled?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you put custom work into you car and you know your car then it's worth it for you to fix it. yea you could give up and part it out and buy another one but it wont be the same as your car....at least in my opinion. i actually bought my car off a guy in your situation. he crashed it....alot harder than you...and dident have insurance. and since i cant afford a car like that at the age of 18 it works out cause i can just pick away at it little by little.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Self-Admitted Scammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the responses and info guys, here is a pic of the underhood damage...I know shops like to nickel and dime to death, so i was hoping my buddies (one is ASE certified mechanic) could help me out. They said they would. But I wouldn't mind learning a few things in the process.

so that doesnt look too too bad does it? Definately needs a new core support, so i gotta figure out how to get that done.

Last edited by ls2pontiac; 05-12-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The people you need to check with are the folks down at the local Tire shop for about 45 bucks. Have them do a front end alignment. If they can get it in close to spec, start unbolting parts and getting used stuff to fix the car. If not, call a frame shop and find out the cost. ( Or bolt the car to the floor and yank/push it it with come-a-longs and a portapower. Did a car by eyeballing and measuring like this once that a frame shop said "no way it'll ever go straight again" ... Dead nuts for more than a mile down the highway handsfree. ) After alignment is in spec, get the green parts from the guy on here who has them. Whack that radiator support flat and shim the rest as best to can to get everything to line up. You should be able to get off for $1500 or less if you have a garage to work in. Used parts are your friend.

Quick Reply: is this totaled?