LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Speed density or maf/

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed density or maf/

This is a question for you guys running supercharged lt1's. My car is a 96 so it was originally ODB2. The kid I bought the car from converted it to OBD1 because he was about to supercharge the car and said that running a supercharger was easier on a speed density platform vs using maf OBD2 setup especially when it comes to tuning it right. I am about put the motor and supercharger into the car and I keep getting different opinions between which way to run engine. Any guys have experience running either setup?
Old 05-12-2008, 03:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The MAF can be turned off in the OBD2.
Which OBD1 did he put in it? The stock MAF'd OBD1 is just about plug and play and again the MAF can be turned off cheaper tuning but no real benifits otherwise, if he put a 93 system in then he was a raging imbecile and you need to go over everything he touched with a fine tooth comb. I think it can rev higher but being flash chips is a much harder system to deal with.

If he had put in an aftermarket 2-3BAR setup that would make some sort of sense
Old 05-13-2008, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I can tell it just seems to be a completely stock ODB1 setup. I think your right that he just had no idea what he was doing. Luckily he didn't touch too much!