LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

MAC Underdrive Pulleys

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally dynos are a GREAT tool! But they can be misused and that is when people become misled. What works on a dyno might work in that environment on THAT car but it does not mean it will make your car faster.

Determne what you want, a nice number on a dyno sheet or a fast time at the track. I see many at the track literally crying because a car with half the mods they have wipes the track with them. It is the effect of the combination that matters.

Good luck
Old 05-18-2008, 12:23 AM
Banned

And an old trick is to use a cheap old style thermostat and remove the center section. When you do this you will have a thermo that remains open BUT has sufficient back pressure so the water pump will fill the heads.

Then with an electric water pump you can cool engine sitting with engine off. I don't do it because I don't use an electric pump...but this would work as a cheap alternative to a 160 and in winter you would use your 180 thermo
Old 05-18-2008, 09:58 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BattleShip
I read that a professional driver can’t feel less than a 10 rwhp change, so I do not believe others will do better than someone who makes his living doing it.

Now let me ask you a question. Tell us honestly, have you ever changed the oil in your engine and felt the car ran stronger? MOST people say that, do you believe they got a hp increase? Butt dynos are the worst proof of a change good or bad.
So do you believe everything you read and hear??? You sure seem to base all your info off what you read and not by experience! So if I told you to a professional race car driver told me my car was faster then yours judging by looks would you believe him?

As far as the oil thing goes..No, I have not and that has noting to do with this guy wanting FACTS on pulleys and thermo's.

Fact is, I have put both on my car as well as others I run with and ALL of them have noticed a change with these mods. End of discussion..
Old 05-18-2008, 10:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes and folks also believe Hypertech programmers are good, or Tornado intake things, fuel line magnets, the list goes on. People convince themselves of gains because it is easier than admitting they wasted money. I was guilty of it too at one time LONG ago.

Let's ook at this logically. Running beltless is pretty well agreed on to be worth .1 in the 1/4 mile right?
Let's be generous and say that you use a 34%UD and actually get 34% of the gain of going beltless, that would be .034, how is that for perspective?
On a stock car there is a good chance idle alternator output would be affected causing you to either have to buy an OD pulley or raise the idle, on a cammed car the idle will likely already be raised enough.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Banned

People def do convince themselves of this...I on the other hand can honestly say I have not. I felt the difference with pulleys, " not that it was like a HUGE difference" weather people want to believe it or not..not so much with the thermo other then my thermo needle never rises past 165-170.

Last edited by Elliott's94Z; 05-18-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
So do you believe everything you read and hear??? You sure seem to base all your info off what you read and not by experience!
Be specific mention something I said that I have no proof for. I gave specifics while you gave emotional appeals. Do you expect me to let you say 'we' have seen when all you see is some dyno slip on line?

Show me YOUR track times until you do, you sound like an internet desktop expert that has never been to the track and will spend $400 at a dyno rather than go to the track and show what poor choices he has made.

Fact is, I have put both on my car as well as others I run with and ALL of them have noticed a change with these mods. End of discussion..
ALL of us noticed a change that is hilarious.

And you the ***** to say I have no proof ...People will believe what they want ,but to only have a "me and the boys" is beyond weak and is consistent for your 'facts'.

The purpose of a discussuinis to present alternatives with facts, emotional appeals do not meet anyones standard as being fact.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Banned

Blowers have a kewl whine your's is simply irritating.

Good luck I do not argue I have tried twice to discuss issues with you, but you simply whine so I am done with you, good bye!

Last edited by BattleShip; 05-18-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Launching!

I read that a professional driver can’t feel less than a 10 rwhp change, so I do not believe others will do better than someone who makes his living doing it.

Now let me ask you a question. Tell us honestly, have you ever changed the oil in your engine and felt the car ran stronger? MOST people say that, do you believe they got a hp increase? Butt dynos are the worst proof of a change good or bad.
Here we go...another Mr. I read this..are they issuing Car and Driver in High School now?? Pulleys make a difference hands down...they have been proven on more then one dyno machine and on more then one car. Have you ran them?? What do you even have besides arguments and back talk and mult posts that mean nothing?
Old 05-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Banned

Be specific mention something I said that I have no proof for. I gave specifics while you gave emotional appeals. Do you expect me to let you say 'we' have seen when all you see is some dyno slip on line?

Show me YOUR track times until you do, you sound like an internet desktop expert that has never been to the track and will spend $400 at a dyno rather than go to the track and show what poor choices he has made.

ALL of us noticed a change that is hilarious.

And you the ***** to say I have no proof ...People will believe what they want ,but to only have a "me and the boys" is beyond weak and is consistent for your 'facts'.

The purpose of a discussuinis to present alternatives with facts, emotional appeals do not meet anyones standard as being fact.
I'm glad you find it hilarious..you can believe what you want MR.Jack of all trades. I seriously find you to be one of the biggest momo's ever to post up
Old 05-18-2008, 01:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ROWDYZ28
Here we go...another Mr. I read this..are they issuing Car and Driver in High School now?? Pulleys make a difference hands down...they have been proven on more then one dyno machine and on more then one car. Have you ran them?? What do you even have besides arguments and back talk and mult posts that mean nothing?
Son you don't even tune your own car. To butt in and repeat someone else's dyno shows who needs to still be in HS.

Tell me how many motors YOU BUILT? Until you can at least do your own work let it rest.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Banned

I'm glad you find it hilarious..you can believe what you want MR.Jack of all trades. I seriously find you to be one of the biggest momo's ever to post up
Son you are pitiful. I make TWICE your hp, and you want to call me out? BEYOND hilarious. When you can work on your car and build an engine that runs let me know until then keep looking at other peoples dyno's.

Tell me again how I am a newbie and need to listen to you god that made us all laugh like hell.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:59 PM
Launching!

ElliottZ, I had pretty much your same set before my conversion and ran the March pulley's and noticed a change in response time from the dig..I understand where you are coming from and don't let this little know it all D.B. say different. You're help on here has and always and will be much appreciated.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Launching!

Son you are pitiful. I make TWICE your hp, and you want to call me out? BEYOND hilarious. When you can work on your car and build an engine that runs let me know until then keep looking at other peoples dyno's.

Tell me again how I am a newbie and need to listen to you god that made us all laugh like hell.
PATHETIC WORDS ONCE AGAIN
Old 05-18-2008, 03:08 PM
Banned

Son...rofl..ok father. So who else is laughing?? Your make believe friends on here I don't remember calling you out. And congrads on having more HP then me..I could careless if I have the slowest car on here or the fastest. What does building your own motor have anything to do with this thread? I bet you there are a butt load of guys on here that have not built their own motors with their OWN hands. Glad you know so much about me and for all you guys that don't build your own motors..you don't know much of anything about your car or cars in general. And remember..BATTLESHIP has more HP then you and will spank that azz.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:11 PM
TECH Regular

ok, I am going to stay out of the bickering on here. In response to the several people who have said to make a plan for my car... Here is the plan: She already has the looks, and just a little go. She needs more go. I am never going to be huge on running her on the track, though I will do it. What I do want though, is an about 400HP car that I can actually get that power to the street. Looking to mostly do bolt ons, though I am aware that other things may need to be done. The goal is to make it a beefy car that I can still have as a daily driver or a weekend driver once I get back to the Mid West. Yes, she will probably turn into a garage queen at some point in time again (the guy that had it before me put 11K on it in 8 years), but I still want the ability to get high to mid 12's when I take her to the track. When it comes that time for me to have a drag car, I will buy a body (probably a 1st or 2nd gen f-body) and put a crate motor in her. So that is the goal, where does the plan go after this?
What I am thinking right now is, the intake is already done (cold air), the headers and TD are coming very soon (she needs to breathe to unlock those ponies), Thermo, UDP, gears and a few other goodies are probably coming real quick. What else needs to be done to modify this plan?
Old 05-18-2008, 05:51 PM
Banned

Sorry about all the B.S. man..all I was trying to do was give you some feedback on some mods you were looking into. So what headers are you going with? Is your a A4 or M6? To get her in the low 12's you are gonna have to do more then just bolt ons..like a cam etc..

Last edited by Elliott's94Z; 05-18-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula350
May be, but still yet to find another site with results from just a single mod :\
I added Scorpion 1.7 rockers, Trickflow guide plates and chromoly pushrods, installed 2 weeks ago. Yesterday I made it to the dyno. It picked up just shy of 10 rwhp (9.9)and over 6 lb.ft. of tq., both across entire rpm range. I was running comp. 1.6 S/A promag's. Same dyno I used 2 yr. ago to check my new exhaust.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

battleship theirs better ways to get higher post count than spewing your bullshit all over people pages.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

with full boltons, good tune, stall, gears you could get into the 12's no problem imo. maybe even 11s if your cool enough
Old 05-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lt1noob
with full boltons, good tune, stall, gears you could get into the 12's no problem imo. maybe even 11s if your cool enough
You really think he can pull a low 12 or even an 11 with this stuff...damn if so you got me hyper to run mine at the track. I think 11's are a long shot though.

Quick Reply: MAC Underdrive Pulleys