LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Rebuilding motor

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuilding motor

Discovered a very minor head gasket leak as well as a loose wire in the harness. Previous owner treated the car poorly and I want to do a full rebuild to have a fresh 383 that will be ready for an aggressive h/c setup in the future. I haven't gotten any estimates but I would expect about $2,500 for a shop to rebuild the motor. I'm going to have help from family with this project so I won't be paying any labor charges. I'm also not in a big rush. Where should I look for a rebuild kit and what else should be replaced that a kit might not include?

Thanks
Old 05-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

its already bored .030 over? so u want to know what brand u should go with? sry, maybe i'm the only one not quite sure what ur asking.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a long block assembly lt1 383 with 30k miles, but I want to refresh the motor with a rebuild because I refuse to take the chance of working a motor that might **** out on me. I am looking for a kit with everything I need to rebuild it.

and with the mention of cost in the first post I was leaning towards the question of how much a rebuild might cost without the labor charges of a shop