Old 06-06-2008, 11:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good opti>?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-96...spagenameZWDVW
Old 06-07-2008, 04:40 PM
TECH Regular

Honestly its kinda tough to tell since its not a AC Delco replacement.

You're gonna get many replies that say only buy ACDelco fork up the money already blah blah blah...

I'd say either spend a bit more and get an ac delco or just buy the cheapest one on ebay (around 85 bucks)

I went the second way because i'm a cash strapped college kid and I've already poured enough money in the car. I got the cheap one but once I received it it seemed to be of actually a very good quality, everything was tight and nice and looked great. I haven't had a chance to put it in yet so I cant say for sure but yeah

You could use that money towards something else performance wise but ultimately its up to you. I wouldnt suggest buying something in between the cheap one and the AC Delco, the one in that auction is probably exactly the same one thats being sold for cheap.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's very simple. If you like to keep replacing optis......get the ebay one. If you want to do it and be done with it......get a new GMPP opti.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LT1-DAN
It's very simple. If you like to keep replacing optis......get the ebay one. If you want to do it and be done with it......get a new GMPP opti.
^^^^What he said. The problem is that if you go cheap and it craps out on you, and from comments on practically every LT1-related forum, there's a 50/50 chance a non AC/Delco will crap out, this ain't a "side of the road" repair. There might not be a warning, no SES, nothing and bam, you're down.

I'm not going to repeat my story, but I'm speaking from experience - spend the extra money.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: good opti>?