LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Running Rich

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running Rich

BLMs reading at 108 in when the car is warmed up around 91*c. Idling.

Been like this for a while, recently replaced the ccv hose, pcv valve, and hose. Ordered a grommet for the PCV valve, in case I need it, pcv valve doesn't seem to fit that snug.

The MAF was descreened by the previous owner, and afaik the maf calibration tables were never reworked. I'm looking to get a auto adapter for the laptop so I can fix this.

Few questions about freescan, It's showing map values at ~.30 at a constant bar of .99. Now looking at the sensor voltages that comes out at 1.16 for map and 4.78 for bar-I'm at a high elevation, haven't been able to find any solid info on this though-Is that normal? Could the map readings be indicative of a intake leak?

I know for a fact that I have a leaking injector, after I shut off the car and let it sit for a while, I get a hard start, strong gas smell, and gas smoke from the tail pipes. Planning on replacing the injectors.

This is a log from freescan in csv format.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
problems.zip (37.9 KB, 8 views)
Old 07-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Staging Lane

ttt ttt
Old 07-08-2008, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

stfuad, the map of 31 is not bad at all for a non-camed engine, I run 50 with my cam. Your vacuum looks good at idle. The baro of .99 is the reading I get also from freescan. You battery voltage is crappy 11.8 volts, do you have problems with your alternator ? The ST integrators L & R are showing left is 7% rich, however since the trace is at idle BLM cell 16 the BLM learning is turned off so the BLM readings of 108 will not change. You really need a trace while driving to verify BLM operation of different cells. What is the year and make of the PCM this trace is from ?