LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Datamaster Dyno?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 05:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Datamaster Dyno?

Posted this in PCM Diag section but not getting any bites. Anyone have any advise, just need to know the best procedure (IE gear, rpm start/stop, etc) to get the most accurate est.

Ok guys, this may sound like a dumb question, but I have been fiddling around with datamaster settings on my 95' T/A w/OBD1 and was wondering about the dyno setup. I know this is not very accurate but what is the best way to get the most accurate est. from this dyno? In other words, when doing a recording and choosing the starting and ending points for the dyno should I stick with one gear (4th?) or just do a pull and then choose 2 points for one gear and adjust the trans gear ratio for the gear used in that section (IE: 1st - 2.66, 2nd - 1.78, 3rd - 1.30 or 4th - 1.00)? What steps should I take to get the most accurate hp/tq est? I know I should just get a dyno done but just jacking around and I figure this one is free. Let me know if you have any tips and your advise is much appreciated.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I played around with this a couple of weeks ago. Too much noise on the graph to make it useful for tuning. Might help if you slow down the sampling rate.
You want to use 4th gear. I did it at the track, ran it through 1st then shifted into 4th. That ran it from about 2500 up to 6200. The numbers it came up with were about 30hp over what I dyno'd earlier this year.

Quick Reply: Datamaster Dyno?