LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Car will not start up. Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Car will not start up. Please Help

I have been messing around and trying to figure out why my brothers trans am is smoking big white clouds out the back of it. Most likely a blown head gasket or cracked head right? Anywho i decided to bypass the coolant through throttle body because i thought it was losing coolant through there. Once i accomplished this task i filled it up with coolant and turned the car on, it idled fine for a little bit then i turned it off. Went to start the car again and the starter motor went on it, replaced the starter motor and 2 hours later the car started up. After idling for a minute started to die and then did. Went to start it up again and this time i had to give it a little gas and then it started, continued to die, and only when i kept the revs at 4000 rpm did it stay on. Now the car wont even do that, can someone please help me out here?
Old 07-13-2008, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

check to make sure that the throttle body bypass is not leaking i know where mine connects its right above the optical harness and i made sure that it was sealed and done right cause of how sensative they are
Old 07-13-2008, 10:16 PM
Teching In

when i bypassed the coolant system i made sure it was air tight. Do you mean plug up the inlet and outlet on the throttle body where the coolant used to run through it. DO you think it could be my throttle position sensor?