LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

P1351 Code! 96 Camaro Z28

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P1351 Code! 96 Camaro Z28

I have a 96 Z28 and I am throwing the code P1351. I had it scanned and is said it was a Manufacture Control Module or Misfire. Something to that nature. Manufacture something.

Here is what the car does: (sometimes)

The car will fire up fine but you let it set for about 3 to 4 minutes idling and it will die. It will not start right after it dies, you will have to wait about 4 minutes to start it again. However, if I get in it and take off with it down the road it will run fine. It you keep your foot in it. It only died one time when was driving it. It became real sluggish and died. I had to wait again to start it, but after that I made it home. Which was about 25 miles from my house. The car has only done this type of thing 5 times while idling so far. Have not tried it since. The car runs fine when I am driving. Not running sluggish or backfiring. I had the car put on a scanner right after this happen the last time. It showed up this code and said that Bank 1 sensor 1 and Bank 2 sensor 1 had a slow response. So I let the car idle and die while having the scanner on. Then it only showed the P1351 code not the others. However this code has been on my car for awhile now before even acting up. It has been on my car ever since I got my ECM back from Madz28 tuner. I tried to delete it but cant. I just need to know what the do about this code! Need help. Please!

These are some things that has been replace within the past year:
optispark (MSD cap and rotor) the bottom piece came from Autozone
NGK plugs and MSD wires
coil pack
ICM sensor
MAP sensor
water pump
fuel pressure regulator
Granatelli fuel pump
fuel filter about 1 month ago

The AIR and EGR has been deleted too!

Just dont know what to do. Any advice will be awesome. Thanks!
Old 07-14-2008, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

IDM input circuit Malfunction/Ignition Coil control circuit High Voltage....

This is what that code read for me...
Not sure if I can help but that is a more clear reading of P1351
Old 07-14-2008, 11:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

So what do I do, buy a new ICM? Does anyone know how to fix and delete this code? Anything would be helpful. Thanks!
Old 07-15-2008, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like your coil is bad.I would start there and then check the opti spark out.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LT1 TRANSAM
Sounds like your coil is bad.I would start there and then check the opti spark out.
Im with him...
Old 07-15-2008, 11:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

OK guys I will buy a new coil and see what happens. Thanks
Old 07-21-2008, 06:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey guys I never changed my coil b/c I dont think that is it. However it might be. Anyways I started the car yesterday and let it idle for about 10 min and it didnt die. I took it down the road and back and it ran fine. That same day I drove 25 miles away to the track and ran it 4 passes. The car did run the worst times ever though but it wasnt acting up. When I was leaving the track it died on me. Got it started drove about 2 miles and it did it again but this time the car seemed to run sluggish. So I took it to my buddies house ran another scanner on it it showed the same code w/ slow responses to the o2 sensors. Will this code make the 02 sensors act up? I dont know what to do! Please help!

Quick Reply: P1351 Code! 96 Camaro Z28